Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2015 Renagade POS

Old 03-05-2014, 04:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read an article about this vehicle; which says it's target group is the buyer of the Juke. It is designed on a chassis platform that Jeep tried before, but failed to perform to expectations. As far as looks the Fiat designers are trying to keep some of the Jeep main stays (the 7 bar grill, the round headlights) alive while appealing to the suburban crowd. The article goes on to say a 1.4 turbo w/160 hp and 180 ft#/ 2.4 w/177 hp and 186 ft#, 6 sp manual/ 9 sp auto, fording capability of 19". All this is fine and dandy for most, however, the most disturbing fact about the article is that it WILL NOT be built here; it going to be built at Fiat in Europe, then imported to the U.S., for sale as a Jeep, at Jeep dealerships.

Personally, for that reason alone, (not made in the U.S.) I won't even consider it a Jeep. And lets not forget the jobs it won't create or keep here.

Thanks for listening.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Compass/ Patriot/ Caliber are based on the Daimler/ Mitsubishi GS platform while the Renegade is FCA small wide platform. The old GS platform was under funded by cheap Daimler. Fiat wants the Renegade to become a world-wide hit, opening JEEP to a world wide market for the first time. BRIC countries are the primary target market, so shipping to Russia, India and China cost less if built in Italy. Would be nice if it were built stateside, but they would have to build a new plant to do so. The Melfi plant in Italy was free with trained workers ready to build.

Many perceived American cars are not made in America just as many foreign cars are made stateside.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 03-05-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

I don't mind it. It's better than the New Cherokee. It will help grow the brand but it's going to dilute the jeep Heritage. Also it's showing the future...people who think vehicles like this will mean solid axles will stay under the Wrangler in future models are sadly mistaken im afraid the future of the wrangler as we know it is in jeopardy. I would bet money the next generation is going to have independent suspension. It's just the way things are going industry wide.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel
I just want to point out that the smart car it the benz when it was parking. You can see the mercedes move..
Ha. It sure did hit it. Nice eye, its only there for a split second.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

It looks too cutesy... then when you look at it in different angles it looks like a Kia soul.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Haha Bobby you nailed it ! Exactly

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Boo-Yah!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

Somewhere i saw Its badged " Trail Rated " for what is worth lol, so i would like to see what they claim they could do offroad. I don't like it but I think it would be kind of interesting to see one modded up lift, tires, etc....haha
Old 03-05-2014, 03:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dee1seven
Somewhere i saw Its badged " Trail Rated " for what is worth lol, so i would like to see what they claim they could do offroad. I don't like it but I think it would be kind of interesting to see one modded up lift, tires, etc....haha
Easter Jeep Safari is coming up and I'm sure it's going to be there. More than likely many will have to pick their jaws up and eat crow when it clears the trails. Jeep knows its not a monster crawler, that's what modified JKs do. This BU is not meant for the heavily modded extreme terrain build. ENTRY LEVEL mass market is it's goal. Why can't people get that simple idea?

First time buyer gets Renegade. Likes lifestyle and brand, then moves up to Wrangler for off-road or Cherokee/ Grand Cherokee. What's so hard to understand?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Before my JK I had a Suzuki SX4. I loved having a small AWD car and was shopping in that market before I got into the JK. I will definitely be giving this little Italian Jeep a go when it hits dealerships. I liked the look of the Patriot and the refreshed Compass, but I always felt the whole platform was garbage with the squeaks moans and noisy slow engine. This little Jeep enters the field in the segment below those and I think it has a reasonable chance to do well as long as the engines don't underperform in the chassis. Considering I've heard decent things about them in the Dart, it should be okay.

Compared to the Kia Soul and the Nissan Juke, this Jeep is a sexy beast from the boxed in front facia to the fuel can inspired tail lights. If the interior can fit someone of my height, 6'4", I will be shopping for one as a DD. The Renegade is also slated to have a 20:1 low range crawl ratio option, a first for the class, which would make light weekend trails more than doable.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you don't like. Don't buy it. I'm getting tired of everyone bashing on the new Jeeps. Get a life. I'm out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: 2015 Renagade POS