Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon 10th Anniversary

Old 02-07-2015, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here goes nothin!! How's it goin everybody. Been a Jeep fan for a while now. Can't get enough of them(you'll see why). When I was in high school my parents bought me a 05 Jeep Liberty 4X4 Limited, it was a great starter Jeep. Never did anything crazy to it, just a 2" lift, bigger tires, lights on the roof, and a sound system. Loved it to death! Had that for about 4 1/2 years and decided to part with it.

Pictures of the Liberty (can't find any pictures of it when it was stock)

A couple years after I sold the liberty, I decided to get back into Jeeps again! In August 2010 I bought my first Wrangler. It was a 2001 TJ Sport. Only had a 2" spacer lift and 15X10 rims. Of course that didn't sit well with me, so I had to mess with it! Back when I bought it Aug 2010

Before

After

Then I had the opportunity to upgrade to a LJ. So why not, sold the TJ and bought the LJ! The TJ was purchased from a guy in New York, so he had a truck pick it up.

Bye bye TJ

I also bought the LJ from out of state, Oklahoma. And had it shipped down as well. It already had a 6" Rough Country lift, 35" Pitbull Rockers, SYE, a old currie winch bumper, a old warn winch, and a bumper/tire carrier.

And of course it wasn't gonna stop there. I put 4.56 gears, lockers, diff covers, new bumper, new winch, the list goes on.

Then........ I decided to get a JKU. So I sold the LJ and bought a 08 JKU Rubicon.

Before

After

I loved the it! Couldn't of been happier! But unfortunately I had to let it go, it wasn't what I wanted to do, but I had to... My job wasn't working out too good, ended up doing what I had to do and sell it. Paid my wife's car off, bills, etc. Ended up only having the mortgage to pay which is sweet. But a few months later things turned around at my work and starting making money again! If I could've just held on to that JKU for a couple more months.... Damn! So I came across a older guy that had a 04 Lj that he wanted to trade me for my truck. Only had 44,000 miles on it and it was bone stock. Long story short. Traded the guy, fixed it up, a buddy of mine gave me a offer I couldn't refuse, sold it.

Before

After

Decided to go a different route. Picked up a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4 with a 5.2 V8. Has a 176,000 miles on it. I paid $3,000 for it. The guy had just put a 4inch Rough Country Lift, 33X12.50 Tires, and Cragar wheels, didn't have any leaks, new rebuilt tranny, brand new compressor, it was in great condition. Only needed a few little things.

My wife and I decided to move from Arizona to Pennsylvania. So we sold the ZJ and moved to Pennsylvania, was over there for a year, then decided to move back home to Az. Went a whole year without owning a Jeep and I was losing my mind. Once I came back, there was no stopping it, I had to get another one! Came across an 04 LJ that had 115,000 on it, has a 2inch body lift, brand new 33X11.5R15 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flares(which I'm getting rid of as soon as I get a chance, never really liked them on wranglers), brand new 15inch Cragar wheels, a hard top, brand new bikini top, and brand new soft top without the frame. He had it up for $14,200, and I talked the guy to $12,500 and bought it.

Accidentally became a mopar fan lol!

For months before I bought this LJ my wife would mention every now and then that she wanted a Jeep herself. Lol I never took her seriously because she would say that all the time then change her mind and want to keep her car. Then about a month ago I came across this bad boy on Craigslist!

And we both couldn't resist! We traded in her car and brought it home! We couldn't be any happier! Here's some pictures when we bought it and when we took it out later that week.

My wife next to her new Jeep! Lol yeah she's 5'0 flat!

Did a little flexing.

So there it is! Sold the LJ a couple weeks ago to a first time Jeep owner and they were very happy! Hope you guys enjoy this long ass novel of a introduction lol, and thanks for looking!

Current Mods: 4 Inch Fox Racing Lift, 35X12.50R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 20 Inch Rockstar 2's, and a Gibson Dual Exhaust.

Future Mods Coming Soon: 5.13's, JE Reel 1350 Driveshafts, Truck-Lite LED Headlights, Wild Boar Hardtop, Warn Powerplant 9.5

P.S. We hope to join in on the JK Experience one day!

Last edited by pbucc13rubi; 02-07-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great story and pictures.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texbiker
Great story and pictures.
Thanks! Looking forward to many more upgrades!
Old 02-08-2015, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome story! What a Timeline!
Old 02-08-2015, 04:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always loved the LJs. I regret trading mine in. But I love my JKU more so it worked out. You have a sweet Jeep.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIGTARS
Awesome story! What a Timeline!
Thanks!!!!! It's been an adventure for sure lol!

Originally Posted by RubiKing
I always loved the LJs. I regret trading mine in. But I love my JKU more so it worked out. You have a sweet Jeep.
Same here, the LJ's were always my favorite, especially the first one. But we love our new Jeep, couldn't be happier!

Quick Reply: 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon 10th Anniversary