Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2012 JKU Build - Big MAK

Old 12-19-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

in one of your first pictures of the finished front end, If i see correctly, did you cut and machine the front trackbar to make it adjustable? it doesn't look like an aftermarket trackbar. Unless that's just the TF trackbar.

Anyway, the Jeep looks great and i don't think you'd need any more than the TF 4" to clear those big Nitto meats.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm considering this wheel/tire combo also, and ready for more pics...looks great man
Old 12-19-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF
Good to hear, so no steering stop change? How much of pinch seam had to be trimmed in rear?
No steering stop change. Trimmed 1.5" from the rear pinch seem.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
in one of your first pictures of the finished front end, If i see correctly, did you cut and machine the front trackbar to make it adjustable? it doesn't look like an aftermarket trackbar. Unless that's just the TF trackbar.

Anyway, the Jeep looks great and i don't think you'd need any more than the TF 4" to clear those big Nitto meats.

That's the TF trackbar, geometry is all correct because there's also the EVO Draglink flip kit.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Was the problem with the mounting brackets?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Schwheelz
Was the problem with the mounting brackets?
Winner! Yep; 2 passenger side brackets for the rear, no drivers side. Northridge and Teraflex got right on it and overnighted the drivers so it didn't hold the build up.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigMAK1

Winner! Yep; 2 passenger side brackets for the rear, no drivers side. Northridge and Teraflex got right on it and overnighted the drivers so it didn't hold the build up.
Ahahahaha I was sitting and I yelled yes when I read this and all
My friends were looking at me super weird
Old 12-19-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you do anything with your front or rear driveshafts? What is the angle like? Is it pinching at all? I am about to get a 2012 and thinking about not going any higher than 2" because I will need the exhaust spacers and new driveshafts.

Rig looks great.

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BigMAK1
4" Terflex long arm. Looks a lot taller then that with those 37s on, glad I didn't go higher this looks just right to me.
Thanks, I have been debating on 4 or 6" LA and now after seeing yours I know I don't need to go any larger than a 4" LA. Looks great by the way.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Gear shop had the plunger/actuator on the wrong side (permanent diff lock) so the axle went back to them and it's fixed - so just drove it home tonight.

Filled it up then put about 100 miles on it driving it home and going for a much needed wash and to show it off a little; still haven't used a quarter tank of gas. Cruising on the highway at 60, cruise control on, plenty of power even feels like a little more than stock. Used to lug a little bit coming up the curb into my driveway and doesn't any more - just plain has better feel somehow. Took some speedbumps out by my inlaws and barely even feel them. This will be really nice off road!

Long story short: 37s, Teraflex LCG Long Arms, and 4.88 gearing on this 2012 with a 6 spd seems like a pretty sweet setup so far. I'll report more as I get more miles and use on it.

edit: forgot to add - these tires are actually a little quieter than stock at this point.

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU Build - Big MAK