Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2011 Wrangler Fire - Pics

Old 01-08-2014, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would the so-often recommended aux tranny cooler help prevent something like this?
Old 01-08-2014, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
Since you are in the know. Lets say the OPS rig was modified and he had 20k in mods (Suspension,wheels,bumpers ETC).I assume he would be ass out of his 20k since it seems so easy for Chrysler to deny responsibility? I wonder if an attorney could be successful in a lawsuit There are so many rigs on here with a lot of money put into them, outside of the danger of being burned alive, that would be another serious concern.
I guess it would depend on OP's insurance whether he is out the money for the mods. The mods themselves may be grounds for Chrysler to deny a claim. Without getting into a bunch of legalistic jargon, OP made a claim against the implied warrantability of the fitness for use of the Jeep. Essentially, OP said Chrysler's product wasn't fit for for safe use. Chrysler feels that OP can't prove a defect, and therefore, they feel they have no legal obligations under the warranties on the vehicle. To get back on point, I don't know of an OEM that doesn't have an exclusion against "unauthorized modifications." Unauthorized in this case would mean any aftermarket products.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fallhollow
I guess it would depend on OP's insurance whether he is out the money for the mods. The mods themselves may be grounds for Chrysler to deny a claim. Without getting into a bunch of legalistic jargon, OP made a claim against the implied warrantability of the fitness for use of the Jeep. Essentially, OP said Chrysler's product wasn't fit for for safe use. Chrysler feels that OP can't prove a defect, and therefore, they feel they have no legal obligations under the warranties on the vehicle. To get back on point, I don't know of an OEM that doesn't have an exclusion against "unauthorized modifications." Unauthorized in this case would mean any aftermarket products.
It's not the OPs responsibility to prove a defect. Wow. It's chryslers job and responsibility to prove or determine a defect. His jeep was also bone stock. And Chrysler does authorize aftermarket parts or just bout every jeep dealership wouldn't be selling aev right at the dealership itself.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
It's not the OPs responsibility to prove a defect. Wow. It's chryslers job and responsibility to prove or determine a defect.
This is what made me angry too... If a product under warranty burns to the ground, why should the onus of proof be on the consumer to prove it was a defect?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

First off im glad everyone is ok. Second, that spare tire cover is boss. I am a fireman and i need my next bunker coat to made of whatever flame and apocalypse proof material it is made of did you keep it for your next jeep?
Old 01-08-2014, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jake_jay
This is what made me angry too... If a product under warranty burns to the ground, why should the onus of proof be on the consumer to prove it was a defect?
I am not looking to make anyone angry as that was was not my intent. The laws were written as they were written and that is all I was trying to comment on. Like I said, I am new here and I am not looking to step on any toes.

On a smaller scale of the "proof is on the consumer", if you look close at your warranty book or a repair order you will probably find that it something to the effect of "the customer is responsible for all labor charges (including diagnosis fees) until the cause of the concern is found to be a defect." Many dealers (which are not owned by the OEM 99% of the time) will eat the cost of paying the technician for the diagnosis even if no problem is found for customer satisfaction, because the OEM won't.

Like I said, it is what it is and the laws are already in place to back it up.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:17 PM
JK Newbie

I am not looking to make anyone angry as that was was not my intent. The laws were written as they were written and that is all I was trying to comment on. Like I said, I am new here and I am not looking to step on any toes.

On a smaller scale of the "proof is on the consumer", if you look close at your warranty book or a repair order you will probably find that it something to the effect of "the customer is responsible for all labor charges (including diagnosis fees) until the cause of the concern is found to be a defect." Many dealers (which are not owned by the OEM 99% of the time) will eat the cost of paying the technician for the diagnosis even if no problem is found for customer satisfaction, because the OEM won't.

Like I said, it is what it is and the laws are already in place to back it up.
Thanks mate, I understand that the corporation has to protect themselves against misuse of their product, I'm not angry at you just the whole system in general...

Cheers for taking the time to explain it though
Old 01-08-2014, 09:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by airborned
First off im glad everyone is ok. Second, that spare tire cover is boss. I am a fireman and i need my next bunker coat to made of whatever flame and apocalypse proof material it is made of did you keep it for your next jeep?
hahaha, eventually none of the spare survived either...
Old 01-09-2014, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not looking to make anyone angry as that was was not my intent. The laws were written as they were written and that is all I was trying to comment on. Like I said, I am new here and I am not looking to step on any toes. On a smaller scale of the "proof is on the consumer", if you look close at your warranty book or a repair order you will probably find that it something to the effect of "the customer is responsible for all labor charges (including diagnosis fees) until the cause of the concern is found to be a defect." Many dealers (which are not owned by the OEM 99% of the time) will eat the cost of paying the technician for the diagnosis even if no problem is found for customer satisfaction, because the OEM won't. Like I said, it is what it is and the laws are already in place to back it up.
That doesn't mean he has to prove it. He not the mechanic or technician. It's their responsibility. Either way they are screwing him plain and simple.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No hate please but ... OP states "jumped on the radio," so that means a CB was installed? Was it wired to the battery and a inline fuse next to battery along with grommet thru firewall? Just trying to say this may also be an issue.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 01-09-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Wrangler Fire - Pics