Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2011 Off Road Expo

Old 10-11-2011, 07:45 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up 2011 Off Road Expo

We've been attending the Off Road Expo that happens once a year at the Fairplex in Pomona, CA for a long time now and, while 2011 may not have been as big as some of the ones before the economic downturn, I will have to say that it was one of the biggest and best we've seen in the past several years. I'm not sure if the promoters just did a better job of arranging things or if there was just a lot more people coming out to the show but whatever the case was, it was a nice sight to see. Of course for our purposes, there were a TON of JK's on display and several of which featured products for the all new 2012.

For those of you who weren't able to attend the show, here are some of the pics that we took from it.

Shot of the crowd starting to build up beind the entrance gates bright and early on Saturday morning...

Checking in over at the HUGE Off Road Evolution display first to say hello to Moby and friends...

The badass EVO 1...

Moby helping the King JK get a better look over the crowd...

Moby's new Dynatrac Full Float Pro Rock 60 rear axle and color matched ATX Slab bead lock rings...

For those of you with a 2012 JK, the EVO ProTek belly armor is a must and fortunately, at only $399 for the whole system, it's affordable too...

New EVO ARB compressor bracket for all model JK's - rock solid design...

EVO manual sway bar disconnect...

EVO 2012 vacuum assist relocation bracket...

In no time at all, the show got packed!!
[IMG][/IMG]

Swinging by the Dynatrac booth inside....

The Dynatrac Pro Rock - a must have for any serious off-roader...

A few shots of the only JK I know that can fly - the awesome ATX rig...

Gotta love their badass Slab bead locks...

Saying hello to our friends over at Full-Traction Suspension and checking out the impressive CRC Link display...

Going back inside to check out the way cool Falken JK's that came out to play with us on the JK Experience...

The PUREJEEP/Hanson 2-door was looking real nice...

The new and improved Hanson rear bumper with tire carrier attached to the tailgate for easier operation...

The NEW PUREJEEP narrow tube fenders looking real nice...

Rock Hard 4x4 Parts showed off a nicely built 2012 JK with their sport cage installed...

They also had their complete skid plate system installed - well needed for a 2012...

These new rocker guards install on the factory Rubicon pinch seam location, have a tube step and are very affordable...

More pics below...
Old 10-11-2011, 07:45 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Stopping over at the M.O.R.E. booth, we got to test out their new Hide-a-Step...

Their new steel fenders were really nice too as they looked just like clean chopped factory flares...

They also had a new tube mount that can be attached to your roll bars and allow you to mount accessories such as fire extinguishers...

This was Nemesis' first time at Expo and we were glad to see them and their awesome BOR HEMIed out JK's...

Nice and clean fenders...

Their Carnage Canyon tested body mounted rockers still looking great...

Front bumper with fog lights...

What every JK dreams of having once they grown up...

Another one of Nemesis' nicely designed bumpers...

Cross section showing how their rocker guards are built...

Back inside, we stopped over at Tuffy Security to check out their 2011-12 security deck...

Demonstration showing how easy it is to open up...

Outside, Poison Spyder had a couple of really nice JK's but this one really caught my eye...

Over at the BFG display, Mac's showed us their new rear storage drawer...

Last but not least, I gotta say that absolutely inovation, risk and companies willing to push the envelope. And, to that end, I have to tip my hat to GenRight for bringing out a JK complete with a triangulated front end and with one of the most unique steering systems I have ever seen. Check it out...

From the pitman arm, there is a link that connects it to a bell crank on the frame rail...

From here, there is a link that is connects it to another bell crank attached to the transmission cross member...

And then from here, there is yet another link that connects it to a truss attached to the front axle housing...

Finally a link connects the final bell crank to the steering knuckle and the tie rod does the rest of the work...

Again, totally wild stuff here but I love it!!

I hope you enjoyed the pics from the 2011 Off Road Expo and, if you'd like to see more of them, all you have to do is click on the link below:

2011 Off Road Expo Photo Gallery
Old 10-11-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying to figure out how the genright steering system work since the pic was posted on fb and now i can rest my mind!! everything looks great!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for getting these up, Eddie! Cool shit for sure!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I missed the EVO Compressor Bracket when I stopped by and I thought I saw everything.

Is the bracket limited to certain compressors?

Last edited by JKOperator; 10-11-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

Originally Posted by JKOperator
I missed the EVO Compressor Bracket when I stopped by and I thought I saw everything.

Is the bracket limited to certain compressors?
The EVO Air Compressor Bracket works with the Small and Large ARB Compressors (not the ARB Twin)

EVO....
Old 10-11-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

Great pictures........ to bad I couldn't make the event
Old 10-11-2011, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Are those Evolution rock rails new that are on that green atx jk? Those things look great!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

Originally Posted by capthk
Are those Evolution rock rails new that are on that green atx jk? Those things look great!
They are the production EVO RockSliders we have had available for a few years now.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...-ARMOR-SLIDERS

Back at SEMA 2009

Old 10-11-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andrew@EVOMFG
They are the production EVO RockSliders we have had available for a few years now.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...-ARMOR-SLIDERS

Back at SEMA 2009

I was always curious how the welded on.......

Quick Reply: 2011 Off Road Expo