Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2011 Jeep Leaked!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
I have a friend who works at Chrysler who indicates that the 2012 will have the Pentastar. He also tells me that the Fiat folks like to keep everything hush hush until the release and nothing is ever for sure until it is released.
Worth waiting or not? My dilemma!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by orp967
I think you're missing the point, Jeeps are not just another vehicle but a lifestyle! It has little to do with what the Jeep actually looks like and more about your lifestyle as an owner. Unfortunately the problem that I've been seeing with these revisions is that too many non-Jeep lifestyle adopting people are now driving Jeeps because they've become more mainstream. Put it this way, I've stop Jeep waiving all together. I usually get waives from TJ , YJ and JK'ers who have spent more on mods than the actual Jeep (like myself ). Other than that it's soccer moms galore (all of whom drive unlimiteds) which now are the majority Jeep drivers I see out and about, so sad
Hey bro! I was just beeing ironic, dont be sad. But i hear you. Same about a lot of things, thats gone mainstream.
But the way i see it, the Jeep is just a part of my "lifestyle" its not my lifestyle if you know what i mean. And personaly i think people is capable of spotting a real Jeeper when the see one..
Old 07-27-2010, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bryce
Worth waiting or not? My dilemma!!!!
INPUT PLEASE!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Not my cup of tea. I'm not thrilled with the colormatched hardtop. It just looks like a minu SUV now. They are changing everything but what they really need to, the engine.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bryce
INPUT PLEASE!!!
Get a 2010, you will be more than happy and you won't have wasted another summer with out a jeep!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Snorkel 018..jpg
Views:	84
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	78805  
Old 07-27-2010, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

I think it looks pretty good
Old 07-27-2010, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

im dying for those 2011's to get to the dealer lots so i can make a decision.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mariner
Get a 2010, you will be more than happy and you won't have wasted another summer with out a jeep!
Ordered my 2010 JK Rubicon last year just the way I wanted it and it was a lemon (disaster), returned to Chrysler. This is the fourth Jeep Wrangler I have purchased through the years and the first one with major problems. Guess you always can't have great luck! This is why I am debating ordering a 2011 or waiting for the 2012 (new engine). CHEERS
Old 07-27-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love my 2007 Rubicon - but want to upgrade to a newer jeep with more power and better MPG - i am going to wait for a new engine - hopefully it will be mid-year (rumors) or if not 2012 -

i like the new interior but have my reservations - 2 tone is lame - hopefully they will have a one-tone tan...
Old 07-28-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

I was hoping to get a Jeep EV, but apparently all 3 of Chrysler's EV vehicle have been put on hold to from the article I read yesterday. Stupid economy and Chrysler restructuring with Fiat. And now to find out they are releasing the 2011 JK with changes knowing it will be the long lost orphan of the Wrangler series being the only year with its own engine?

Maybe they haven't finalized plans on the other engine for the 2012 yet? Maybe they aren't done revamping the 2012 and it will get a different designation besides JK? One article said the windshields will not be on a hinge anymore (could be for 2011 too).

All I know is that I am probably no longer "taking one for the team" on being a first owner of the EV because I want/need another vehicle sooner. Guess in the meantime, I'll be saving up for whatever comes along in 2012. If I don't like it, I'll buy a used JK.

Quick Reply: 2011 Jeep Leaked!