Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2011 Jeep Leaked!

Old 07-26-2010, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gi Johan
Hi there
Just bought a 2011 unlimited.. im looking forward to ride my new soccer mom SUV.
Just wanna let you know..its still a Jeep..
I don"t understand all this complaining.. how many of you run your Jeep 100 % stock anyway? bumpers this and bumpers that..and hardtop paint this..that...
As someone said, jeeps are built.. make your own, have it your way.
I suspect a lot of the complainers ride a mall-crawler anyway..and sits right next to the soccer moms in traffic.. so quit talking trash.

I'm gonna mod the hell out of the 2011, and have fun with my Jeep.. that's the reason why i bought it. I will post picks when i get it.

Have a nice one
I think you're missing the point, Jeeps are not just another vehicle but a lifestyle! It has little to do with what the Jeep actually looks like and more about your lifestyle as an owner. Unfortunately the problem that I've been seeing with these revisions is that too many non-Jeep lifestyle adopting people are now driving Jeeps because they've become more mainstream. Put it this way, I've stop Jeep waiving all together. I usually get waives from TJ , YJ and JK'ers who have spent more on mods than the actual Jeep (like myself ). Other than that it's soccer moms galore (all of whom drive unlimiteds) which now are the majority Jeep drivers I see out and about, so sad
Old 07-26-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeepincanada
my god, I don't get it...
you don't want a painted top, just don't order it...!!!
same goes for heated seats, electric mirrors, leather, whatever...

The cayenne kept Porsche alive, some goes for the 4 door JK and the Jeep brand...
I'm sure most of you were complaining the same way when they first showed us the 4 door...
If it wasn't for the 4 door, I wouldn't be driving a wrangler anymore...
Just built it the way you like it when you order...
It is not so simple as to just order it the way you want it, I tried to get my rubi without air, elec windows, woofer etc. no can do, to get a rubi i had to get all the soccer mom shit too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Snorkel 018..jpg
Views:	90
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	78569  
Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Axe
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I love soccer moms. If a woman wants a 4 door Wrangler over a Volvo, Beemer, etc. - thats hot!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Default Rule of thumb...

Never buy the first year of a remodel, and never buy the last year before the new remodel. Point is...1st year they release they have to wait and sort out all of the build/quality defects that surface and do you really want to be the scapegoat for that shit just to be the 1st to have one?
Never be the person to buy the last year before the remodel because you are certainly getting an afterthought vehicle that will have minor tweaks here an there that get people excited/confused about the upcoming redesign (In this case confused would be the correct word, seeing that Liberty bumper crap they put on our wranglers)...but I do like the interior. All I know if I had bought a 2011 Wrangler and in 2012 they came out with a killer engine putting to rest the minivan comparisons, I would kick myself for not waiting.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
Never buy the first year of a remodel, and never buy the last year before the new remodel. Point is...1st year they release they have to wait and sort out all of the build/quality defects that surface and do you really want to be the scapegoat for that shit just to be the 1st to have one?
Never be the person to buy the last year before the remodel because you are certainly getting an afterthought vehicle that will have minor tweaks here an there that get people excited/confused about the upcoming redesign (In this case confused would be the correct word, seeing that Liberty bumper crap they put on our wranglers)...but I do like the interior. All I know if I had bought a 2011 Wrangler and in 2012 they came out with a killer engine putting to rest the minivan comparisons, I would kick myself for not waiting.
Bought the first year "remodel" 07 JK, not one issue at all, so not always true.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by southbaydog
Bought the first year "remodel" 07 JK, not one issue at all, so not always true.
Def not always true but you are one of the lucky ones...because there have been plenty of flaws that have been worked out in the 08-09-10 models.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

I'm thinking gently-used 2009, see how I like it & trade in to bigger engine/interior in 2012 if all goes well?
Old 07-27-2010, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

Figured I would chime in with my 2 cents...real Jeeps are built not bought, so who cares what it looks like from the factory? They're going to cater to the soccer mom's to keep sales up, so what? We know who the real Jeepers are just buy the mods you see on their rig. Let's just worry about our own JK's and let the soccor moms crawl the parking lots until the cows come home.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default 2012 Pentastar

Any idea if the 2012 Jeep will definently have the new Pentastar engine, or is this just another rumor or wait and see? We all know how Jeep keeps everything so close to the vest. Is it worth waiting for in anyones opinion or will it be better to give the new engine a few years to work out the bugs!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:20 AM
JK Super Freak

I have a friend who works at Chrysler who indicates that the 2012 will have the Pentastar. He also tells me that the Fiat folks like to keep everything hush hush until the release and nothing is ever for sure until it is released.

Quick Reply: 2011 Jeep Leaked!