Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2011 Jeep Leaked!

Old 07-22-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since everyone says it will have patriot interior, someone might as well post a pic of patriot interior.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK so I know I'm going to burn a lot of bridges here and perhaps start war world 3 or a jihad of some sort but I just have to put in my two cents. A lot of the comments made about the new Jeep made some references about it being "more for soccer moms" and or "looking too much like a Hummer" but what is it that makes this so? Is it the 4-door and paint matched top? Well when I first came on here (and even driving around town for that matter) I was very surprised to see how many 4-door JK owners there were as I was NOT a big fan of them when I first saw it at the NY auto show some odd years back. I thought Jeep "sold out" if you will and got too domesticated when they decided to manufacture them.

I started a thread a while ago complaining about the access to the back seat on the 2-doors and it seem like all the responses I received made reference for me to "trade in mine for a 4-door." I bought my 09 JK X because I'm a single guy, not married, no girlfriend, or kids (that I know of anyway ) and wanted a vehicle that symbolized me and my lifestyle... I wanted to drive something unique, youthful, fun, free and sexy.

I am sad to see that Jeep is headed in this direction they are definitely getting more and more domesticated every year which is going to make driving a Jeep not as fun in the future. Just ask yourself what makes a Jeep a Jeep and not a Hummer or just another SUV??
Old 07-23-2010, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by orp967
I am sad to see that Jeep is headed in this direction they are definitely getting more and more domesticated every year which is going to make driving a Jeep not as fun in the future. Just ask yourself what makes a Jeep a Jeep and not a Hummer or just another SUV??
This "new direction" began in 1986 with the introduction of the 1987 Wrangler. Some could argue it even began earlier with the longer wheelbase CJ7.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its funny. I would take a stock JK against any Stock TJ, YJ, CJ any day. Something about how stable it is, how much more flex you can get, how much more comfortable it is (Yes comfort results in less driver fatigue and thats a good thing) than the older models right out of the box. As for the painted top, Its an option. Also how many "Awesome" jeeps have we seen at Sema and shows that have had thier top painted to match the body. Now that bumper I agree it looks awful to me (I am certain that is the Euro Spec Bumper), as does the painted top. I can not even keep the black coloring on around the edges as I put it on and take it off so often. At least I can take a sharpie and kind of hide the white plastic. I will wait to see the interior before I judge that. Though, really take a look at the 2011 Grand Cherokee. I for one like the direction they are going. The current interior of my JK is all scratched up from who knows what, a feather could scratch that plastic.

There is nothing wrong with adding some creature comforts, some of us use the Jeep as a daily driver as well. For the rest, buy a stripped down sport with crank windows and go to town making it your way.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

who cares.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any pics of the interior yet ?
Old 07-23-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Default 2 cents from Sweden

Hi there
Just bought a 2011 unlimited.. im looking forward to ride my new soccer mom SUV.
Just wanna let you know..its still a Jeep..
I dont understand all this complaining.. how many of you run your Jeep 100 % stock anyway? bumpers this and bumpers that..and hardtop paint this..that...
As someone said, jeeps are built.. make your own, have it your way.
I suspect a lot of the complainers ride a mallcrawler anyway..and sits right next to the soccermoms in traffic.. so quit talking trash.

Im gonna mod the hell out of the 2011, and have fun with my Jeep.. thats the reason why i bought it..
I will post picks when i get it.

Have a nice one
Old 07-23-2010, 03:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gi Johan
Hi there
Just bought a 2011 unlimited.. im looking forward to ride my new soccer mom SUV.
Just wanna let you know..its still a Jeep..
I dont understand all this complaining.. how many of you run your Jeep 100 % stock anyway? bumpers this and bumpers that..and hardtop paint this..that...
As someone said, jeeps are built.. make your own, have it your way.
I suspect a lot of the complainers ride a mallcrawler anyway..and sits right next to the soccermoms in traffic.. so quit talking trash.

Im gonna mod the hell out of the 2011, and have fun with my Jeep.. thats the reason why i bought it..
I will post picks when i get it.

Have a nice one
congrats bro. get your pics up quick and you might be the first one with a 2011..

the only thing that will suck for all the 2011 buyers is the 2012 coming with a 280hp engine. Imagine waiting just one more year and getting more power than you'll ever need.. I'm so torn.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TommyG
who cares.
Best reply on this entire thread!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Hopefully they'll get rid of the unnecessary ugly chrome accents for 2012 as well. Is there a dye that can fix the interior tan color or would Krylon Fusion be best?

Quick Reply: 2011 Jeep Leaked!