Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2011 Jeep Leaked!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the day has finally come. just like all the CJ owners crying about square lights on the YJ and all the YJ owners crying about whatever on the TJ and all the TJ owners crying bout the loss of the 4.0l six. blah blah blah.

It is finally our turn to bitch and moan about the next model changes.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

if you think they are going to make a jeep to keep a real jeeper happy, keep dreaming.

why do you think they made the 4dr, its so families would consider it

why do you think they make 1/2 ton trucks ride and fee like a car on the inside.
because 80% of 1/2 ton owners use them as cars and bitch about the real truck side effects(noisy poor ride)

now would you rather keep 80% of your customers happy or make a real truck and only have 20% of your customers happy.

its all numbers and money.

the Jeep sales are going to up cuz the people that test drove a TJ and said I don't like the ride and comfort features are gonna buy one of the new ones and thats all the big guys care about.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jk body... ok no worries, but 2011, WTF?!?!?

i havent been a jeep owner for long, my first is a 2007 sahara 2 door and i think that the changes made from the tj were in some ways deserved and in some ways jsut nice for a change (i also enjoyed the TJ!) but now they are simply butchering the whole idea of the wrangler!!!, from what i gathered and what enjoy its about have a car that you can change as much as you want to make it fit you and then be able to take it to hell and back again... but the more and more shit they are putting in it is just gonna end up ruining that!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 PM
JK Freak

Default This is ridiculous!

So i am now ashamed to be affiliated with the 2011 with that hideous range rover interior. Ok so the earlier JKs interiors were too ncie compared to the TJs but this is ridiculous. I dont even wanna keep my dirty shoes on when stepping into this thing. Better make sure no dirt gets in! The soft interior will break! Why make the other wranglers hate the JKs anymore?! 07-10 2 doors and 4 doors are great and i consider them all part of the family but now im gonna try to accept the 2011 into the bunch? No more waving to 2011s. Gross.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I Like it!

As a current owner of a land rover discovery, which I'm selling soon to buy my first Wrangler (unlimited auto diesel), I like the interior.
My Disco has the interior comforts that I like for a 400 mile drive into the outback, and it has the capability to take me where ever I want to go. But I get there in comfort!!!!!
My new JK will do all of that for me, plus allow me to take the roof off, and rock crawl. also in some comfort.
Dirt and dust will wash off/wipe off, and I will be very happy with what I will have been driving.
The changes are called "evolution" - if Jeep do not move with the times, there will be no Jeep.
One thing I'm learning about Jeepers is that they love to modify. If you don't want the extras, then take em out and modify them.
If enough people don't like the new look, then there will be a great market to make kits to make the new models look old.
The ability to adapt to change is what will see the survival of the Jeep range.
Just my opinion from downunder.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NIMASHN
No Thanks! All of that painted plastic just scratches and chips when it goes through brush and trees...oh, maybe they don't think it should do that.
Why would you paint something that should be left in the garage half the year anyhow? However, I do like that off white Sahara. . . and the monotone interior isn't bad as long as it is still easy to clean.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I read the title of the thread I thought it was about the tops of the 2011's and they were keeping with tradition.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default Reallly?!?

Why would anyone get mad at a nicer interior?

I love the mayonnaise off white color, not a fan of the painted hard top, but its an option not standard.

Overall I think this is what a wrangler should be. An incredibly capable offroader that is comfortable, but I appear to be a minority.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by autotv
Overall I think this is what a wrangler should be. An incredibly capable offroader that is comfortable, but I appear to be a minority.
On this Fourm, yes I agree that you are the minority. But if you like it, then thats all that matters.

Quick Reply: 2011 Jeep Leaked!