Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2011 Jeep Leaked!

Old 07-28-2010, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenna
whats with the hideous front bumper...barf
that front bumper look like it was a eruo style so hopefully that isnt the new bumper...

This is my thoughts on the 2011 interior, let me first start by saying i have had 2 jeep befor my wrangler an 86 islander, a 99 Sarah, but personal i love my jk. when u look at the interior from the islander to the Sarah to the jk there is big difference, you go from a interior that is for the hard core off roader where you can leave ur jeep out side with the top of and know everything will be fine though rain and shine. An islander which would be the equivalent of a second car or weekend toy but you can still put on some road time. Now you have the jeep jk which is the equivalent of a daily driver.

what i mean by all this is that in an islander you get that just to take it out on the trials but dont want to spend hours drive in it on the highway, same with the sarah, but honestly what are they doing with the new 2011 its no better then a hummer if i wanted lugery in an suv with a bunch of trail rated badges i would have got a hummer or something like that but i wanted a jeep because i know i can go more places off road then any one els and when get into my jeep u just feel like u can do anything, sorta like ur cut off from the world where you dont have power this and power that, you can leave it out side over nite with the top down and it will be fine.

I mean i personal will not buy a new jeep 2011!!!! in my jeep i have an good stereo system and i got power windows, and power locks because i was sick of reaching all the way across the seat to get the passenger down, but i really wish i had gotten the handle now, so much better for off roading, and you get a jeep to build it up ur way and make it ur own, wheels, lift, bumper, wench, stuff to improve ur interior.. this might be just me but i like doing stuff my own way, buying speakers, building the interior the way i want that what makes it urs.

jeep needs to go back to there roots and find something that works or at least off an off roading package for the jeep with not a bear bone interior in the rubi, but where you can still get the jk interior or something that works.

sorry about the rant but what is the wrangler coming too hummer, is jeep losing there true off roading scene you would never take a color matching hard top out on the trails!!!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually this new interior is much closer to the 1997-2002 Wrangler Interior -

Old 08-01-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just finished reading all of the responses and wow......

so the paint OPTIONS have changed.....so what?

i have been drooling over radio controls in steering wheel and am conspiring to install them in my 09'. i have been looking at other jeep models for a wheel to use and now i can get a 2011 wrangler wheel----yay me.

heated seats......hell ya!! it gets chilly at night with the doors off and roof 50 miles away at home(soft top on 4dr is heavy and worthless and too difficult to install if by urself. my honest opinion.) y not have comfort when riding.....heated seat option doesnt kill the electrial system or the springs so whats the big deal? i would rather have toasty buns. y ruff it when u dont have too.

i want the new dome light in the sound bar too, i like the map light options!!....its just a part number away from being in my jeep!

the front and rear bumpers in the pics is the european bumpers that came out in 07 and have not been available in the USA. i know because i tried to get them....didnt work out and now glad that it didnt cuz i really like my AEV.

if they lose the fold down windshield option i would never know....i took it down one time and laughed-entirely too hard and too long to do it. then u see just how lame it looks down due to the curved windshield. not gonna miss that option(which was originally designed for the purpose of shipping the jeeps stacked in crates for military space savings to get more jeeps to the front lines faster and for more storage in warehouses until needed. not an issue anymore. u cant drive many places with it down due to those pesky state laws as well. all i ask is that the light mount screws remain-i like pillar mounted lights.

my jeep goes offroad, im not a mail crawler, that does not mean that i dont like comfort features. if the jeep can handle it then im all for it.

i have never had an older jeep, so i cant speak as to whether or not the jk is a jeep or not......cuz i dont care.....i bought it because i liked the styling and features and abilities this one offered. i didnt buy it to compare it to 30year old jeeps. i wanted reliability, good looks, the ability to have 4 doors for 4 life sized people to be able to ride comfortably(before the 4dr jeep wrangler, the hummer was on my radar).

the only real disapointment about the jk that i have is the motor option and the 2011 peeps will have the same lackluster performance that we enjoy. this motor sux in 2hi, in 4 low it is decent and very controlable. im a v8 fan. (goes back to my 1974 blazer and the sbc 400 pumping out 500+hp and awful mpg and an uncanny ability to break every other time i drove it---i like big HP and the 3.8 lacks that in every way) i would have been estatic for a 5.7vvt option, i would have financed the extra dollars to have that motor and be under warranty.

i luv my jeep and do not regret it. the people that buy the 2011 will luv it too and the things they dont like they can change-seems to be a jeep moto to modify the hell out of it until it is ur creation.....
Old 08-01-2010, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

well the way i see it heated seats are just one more thing to break just like power locks and windows, i for one like my simple 09 interior. And heated seats why would i want that puttin more strain on my battery while im trying to winch, and are people really that lazy that they have to have automatic headlights?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree that "there's nothing wrong with making a Jeep more comfortable" but what that is doing is getting more non-true Jeep enthusiast to buy Jeeps Personally, I wish that every Jeep I saw on the road was tricked out with all the bells and whistles and we all waived at each other and lived happily ever after. As I mentioned in my last post, I don't waive anymore because there are just too many stock unlimiteds out there aka the family SUV. I'm sorry it's not a Jeep if it's stock (unless it's a Rubi of course).

My biggest quibble with Chrysler/Fiat or whoever is making them these days is that they're spending too much time on heated seats and steering controls when they should be perfecting the options that are true to what Jeep owners love about their Jeeps, for example, if I were Jeep president for a day I would;

1.) Make a more powerful, fuel efficient engine
*Looks like this may be a reality for the 2012's

2.) Better design all around, exterior more aerodynamic but still staying true to Jeeps "square" look, more spacious interior, easier back seat access on two-door models etc.

3.) Perfect the whole top situation, soft v. hard, we all want a noiseless top that keeps the elements out and call me crazy but can EASILY be taken up and down.

Just to name a few.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:11 PM
JK Jedi

I want a pony. A pretty white one.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

So, I've been searching but to no avail. Anyone know when the new model year hits the lots?
Old 08-06-2010, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TimberwolfFXDL
So, I've been searching but to no avail. Anyone know when the new model year hits the lots?
Asked my dealer today.

He said Sept.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/article...eep-EV-Preview
Old 08-15-2010, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

We ask for a diesel and we get an EV?

Quick Reply: 2011 Jeep Leaked!