Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2010 Mountain Owners?? Photo's? Advice?

Old 07-17-2010, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did they at least beef up the suspension at all with the Mountain/Islander editions? I wish that the 23S package for the Sport included these tires, rather than the Wrangler tires it comes with. That's the only useful upgrade I see with the Islander/Mountain packages...unless I am missing something.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by F16Deuce
Did they at least beef up the suspension at all with the Mountain/Islander editions? I wish that the 23S package for the Sport included these tires, rather than the Wrangler tires it comes with. That's the only useful upgrade I see with the Islander/Mountain packages...unless I am missing something.
Same suspension as Sport as it includes the 23s/24s package. The tires are a big bonus, but I couldn't justify it the extra 1.5K or so and instead went with the Sport 24S and will sell the stock 32"s to get the BFG 32"s or 33"s...
Old 07-17-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had my JK Mountain in Rescue Green for a month this weekend and I love it.
The styling, the tires, it's different. Sure I added Black Rock wheels and my alloys are sitting naked in my shop, but I don't care. They give me the wheel spacing I need for my Teraflex 2.5" and I have already installed my Rancho RockGear Oil Pan cover. The price point for me in everything I wanted was because of a $2000 promotion my dealer was having and frankly was cheaper to go this way for me new, than buying a used one because of the financing.

I've owned other Jeeps long before this model came out and I enjoy the fact that the market now for mods and customization is FAR better than it ever was before. Sorry you don't like the sticker, I thought I would take it off at some point because people keep asking me if I am going to. I think it'll stay in place until it gets cut or torn.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a black 4Door mountain. The price difference is really not that bad. It is about $1800, but you get the side steps, tires, rubber floor mats, and the rest of the add-ons.

If you price a sport and add the "black appearance group" for $685 it ends up being only $1145 more.

Add in tires: $895 for 5 on tirerack
Also they come with rubber floor mats which are $65

So, really the price difference is only $185 if you end up adding that stuff anyway. For me, I like the above items and I also like the seats, wheels, etc... So for the $185 it was a good deal.

Mine is an unlimited with trac-lok, infinity, sirius, hard top, tow package and side airbags. Stickered at $31800 and I got it for $28500
Old 08-23-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got the Mango tango 2010 mountain edition and mine has the 3.73's and the half doors and such nice radio and nav got it for like 27,000 with 2 miles on the odo and i am very happy with my purchase just my 2 cents.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

My 2010 Sport Edition has exactly the same mountain package, save the tires and the decals. But I have light guards on every light and my own Red/Black seat covers :-)
Old 08-23-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Different packages for different folks.
Mine will get used as a DD, camping, light wheeling.
I had the heat gun out to remove the hood graphic when my 8 year old nephew said it was "cool"... it stays... for a while anyway.

I dont think the Mountain is anymore "poser" than someone who spends the extra cash on a Rubi , to show everyone how rad they are, and then never takes it out of the city.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just purchased my 1st Jeep, a deep water blue 4dr Mountain today. Had my heart set on a 4dr black sport with a locker and 7 speaker stereo. Dealer would have had to get it from another dealer. Made my best deal I could $31200 but they had the Mountain on the lot. Bought it for $31500. has everything but nav and smokers group. The mountain represents that expedition in Chile where they set the record for highest altitude for a motor vehicle. The Mountain has some kick ass 32" tires and most have lockers. Sounds like a purpose to me. The Rubi is in a class of its owne. When I pick up my new jeep next week it will have a 2-1/2" lift and 35" bfg-km2's just like the one at the beginning of this thread. All this just to get a locker!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

I took my hood decals off. Nothing against them, but I just like the all black look. The Wrangler and Unlimited stickers were awful to get off. They took quite a bit of effort. I am decal free and still loving my Mountain.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Carolina
Planning on getting my first Jeep this year. Was going to get a Sahara but am a big fan of the rescue green and the Mountain Edition (less the cheesey graphics on the side of the hood).

We don't have one on the lots in NC yet but would like to check out photos of those that own them.

Also, any likes/dislkes? What is worth doing factory vs aftermarket? I was planning on doing the surround fac and the radio after. 2.5 lift after too.

Thanks!
I love mine its looks great. I was pulled over by a cop to ask me about it. I get alot of compliments.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mountain Owners?? Photo's? Advice?