Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2010 Mountain Owners?? Photo's? Advice?

Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can deal with the Mountain in Mango and Black (actually think those 2 colors are damn nice). The Islander just rubs me the wrong way....almost like instead of improving on the numerous problems all of these JKs have they just wrapped it in a fruity blue interior and spoon fed the women a Jeep. TEHO
Old 07-11-2010, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
Can deal with the Mountain in Mango and Black (actually think those 2 colors are damn nice). The Islander just rubs me the wrong way....almost like instead of improving on the numerous problems all of these JKs have they just wrapped it in a fruity blue interior and spoon fed the women a Jeep. TEHO
FYI, Jeep has been offering Jeeps with "packages" similar to these since the 60's!!!!! Some people are just narrow minded and so what if women like the Islander? I suppose in YFUO you think women shouldn't drive Jeeps either......
Old 07-14-2010, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racinfast002
holy crap! someone on the forum ACTUALLY gets it. Not all of us are going to wheel our wrangler, so the fun little add on packages make it sell. I think it makes perfect sense IMO
Smart marketing concept to have these single production year one-offs. It makes the potential buyer think "one of a kind". I think the car is put together very well and is not overdone. The decals are not for everyone...you love it or hate it. This concept will help sell leftovers since they will not sell these options in the 2011's.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tlags24
Haha... great find! Yea, you know what, now that I think about it, there were always random jeep models that were ugly IMO. I don't mind the Mtn. edition in Black, but i just cant justify spending the money... I just orded my Rubi last month for 31,XXX, and the Mtn is around the same price. Yea the wheels look pretty Bad-a$$ but i would just get them powder coated for like 65 a wheel. Hey if you like it then rock it! I just got the new quadratec magazine and they have a lowering kit from eibach WTF? lol. no matter how ugly any jeep is it can't look worse than a dropped jeep
Whoa slow down there....I would never buy a Mtn. if it was "around the same price" as a Rubi. We're talking about a 5 to 6 thousand dollar difference here.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

If my wife rolled home in a blue islander I would give her a high-five and take her to the trail. But instead she brought home an FJ Cruiser TRD....we already have a JK.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default mountain sticker

so yesterday i debadged the mountain sticker....
wow...
i used glue gone..
and its still took me two hours(and a lot of arm strength) just to get the gunk off, when i finally peeled the sticker off.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Why? that hood decal costed you like $4000
Old 07-16-2010, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AZCPP
FYI, Jeep has been offering Jeeps with "packages" similar to these since the 60's!!!!! Some people are just narrow minded and so what if women like the Islander? I suppose in YFUO you think women shouldn't drive Jeeps either......
Woah big fella...did I rub you the wrong way? I just meant that instead of improving on some JK design flaws they instead used their energy in putting out a puff Jeep. I like all Jeeps but wasting their time on this is clearly a distraction tactic. An I apologize if you are one of the guys who thinks the pretty surf blue tiki motif is cute, no offense meant to you.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stormcooker
If my wife rolled home in a blue islander I would give her a high-five and take her to the trail. But instead she brought home an FJ Cruiser TRD....we already have a JK.
FJ is a good vehicle you should be proud. Give her a high5 for making the smart choice and not getting sucked in to the surf blue tiki trap.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Woah big fella...did I rub you the wrong way? I just meant that instead of improving on some JK design flaws they instead used their energy in putting out a puff Jeep. I like all Jeeps but wasting their time on this is clearly a distraction tactic. An I apologize if you are one of the guys who thinks the pretty surf blue tiki motif is cute, no offense meant to you.
I don't think the Mtn. edition is "puffy". It''s a pretty sweet combo of the rubicon and sahara stylings. The hood decals are off-putting to some I know, but I live in the mountains and got everything I wanted for under 27k. I'm not a wheeler so I figured I got the options and look I wanted and saved myself about $5000. If I had a house in Hawaii or the Caribbean I would buy an Islander....I'm a sucker for these packages if they are connected to me or where I live.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mountain Owners?? Photo's? Advice?