Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2010 Mountain Owners?? Photo's? Advice?

Old 07-05-2010, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the mountain... .if any dealers around here had one in stock i would be checking it out in a heartbeat. then again, i have been looking at a few unlimited islanders (gasp). the sport is the version that makes the most sense to me. from what i understand, the special editions are just sports with stickers and rubi wheels and tires. if i were to buy a sport, i would have to wait a few years before i could justify new tires. why not get them stock? if i were to get an islander, the first thing to go would be the stickers on the hood, the second thing would be seat covers.

if you like it... then get it. not everyone needs to get a rubicon and beat the bag out of it. i know i would not be interested in beating up a $33,000+ vehicle. My old cj back in the day... that was another story.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a black mountian 2-door hardtop down the street at the local dealer. i must have went down 6-7 times just to look at it. I LOVE IT! i no longer own my 07 rubi. (long story). we did talk numbers, and i am so damn tempted to pull the trigger! on a side note: to the 2010 owners. DID THEY FINALLY GET THE FREEDOM TOP LEAKS FIXED? my 07 soft top leaked. one of my reserves for getting back in one. but this one is the hardtop. keep me away from it, or i swear it will be in the driveway.

Last edited by PA RUBICON; 07-05-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PA RUBICON
there is a black mountian 2-door hardtop down the street at the local dealer. i must have went down 6-7 times just to look at it. I LOVE IT! i no longer own my 07 rubi. (long story). we did talk numbers, and i am so damn tempted to pull the trigger! on a side note: to the 2010 owners. DID THEY FINALLY GET THE FREEDOM TOP LEAKS FIXED? my 07 soft top leaked. one of my reserves for getting back in one. but this one is the hardtop. keep me away from it, or i swear it will be in the driveway.
I have an 09 with a freedom top and it has never leaked, if that answers your question.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by southbaydog
Looks OK stock, but once the modding begins, all that cosmetic crap you paid too much for is in the scrap pile. Want a "Mountain Edition"? drive it up to the mountains. Besides the hood sticker is pretty fn' gay.
Wow.. some people have some pretty strong opinions about the Mountain/Islander!! Personally I think it's kinda sweet that they are bringin back the Islander package. Most vehicles out there come with options, (pwr windows/locks, a/c, etc etc) and with Jeep the different "packages" were always just about options. Even in the 90s you didn't get any more out of a YJ Islander except for a few bells and whistles and an extra decal. As for the mountain edition, I like it too. It's new and different, and will appeal to some of those who want an aggressive look without having to pay for options that they won't necessarily use, (i.e. lockers). Remember, the Rubicon didn't even come out as an option until late in the TJ era, and people wheeled their jeeps pretty hard before then. I only got the Rubicon because I knew that each of the options it had were things that I would find useful. Same goes for the people buying these packages.

Originally Posted by PA RUBICON
on a side note: to the 2010 owners. DID THEY FINALLY GET THE FREEDOM TOP LEAKS FIXED? my 07 soft top leaked. one of my reserves for getting back in one. but this one is the hardtop. keep me away from it, or i swear it will be in the driveway.
I have a 2010 and compared my soft top to my buddy's 07 and they are different. There are a few things that have been altered in order to improve performance and ease of taking down/putting up the top. I haven't yet experienced any leaks, except for a slow drip at the back above the sub box.. but my hard top leaks there too so I am not sure if it's actually the top or the tailgate.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

good to hear about the freedom top. it does look mean in black! guess its vehicle buying month? better half just got a 09 toyota corolla today. picks it up thursday. moving up from her 02 cavalier.

here is the mountian sticker:
http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...AA2D19AL203589

only been there a week. i know it will not be long till someone grabs it.

Last edited by PA RUBICON; 07-05-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

I have to say the Argent rims that come on the Mountain KickA$$. I think they look better than most aftermarket rims. I think they look as good as the AEV Argent Rims.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Just got my mtn edition about 10 days ago and got it back from the shop yeaterday. Went with the pearl blue. i love it. Turns a lot of heads around town!

Started with a Teraflex lift and larger tires. I liked the look of it, wheels, seats... Hood is just a decal but i like it. I thought i'd take the mtn stiker off, but it's starting to grow on me! Have gotten so many compliments on it everywhere i go...

On a related note I don't really get the whole "I hate the mtn, island, etc." why would you burn so many calories on dissin' another Jeep??? You think your jeep is the only one people should buy? I like all jeeps regardless of type or why people buy them... Save your energy already.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 8..jpg
Views:	375
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	76299Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 9..jpg
Views:	317
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	76300
Old 07-10-2010, 10:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Luiis81
Just got my mtn edition about 10 days ago and got it back from the shop yeaterday. Went with the pearl blue. i love it. Turns a lot of heads around town!

Started with a Teraflex lift and larger tires. I liked the look of it, wheels, seats... Hood is just a decal but i like it. I thought i'd take the mtn stiker off, but it's starting to grow on me! Have gotten so many compliments on it everywhere i go...

On a related note I don't really get the whole "I hate the mtn, island, etc." why would you burn so many calories on dissin' another Jeep??? You think your jeep is the only one people should buy? I like all jeeps regardless of type or why people buy them... Save your energy already.

Attachment 76299Attachment 76300
Are you runnin wheel spacers on your factory rims... Nice jeep! My Mt. will be lifted by a teraflex lift as well!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

wow. you snooze you lose. SOLD. went down for another look see this morning. sold on the wiper blade. on vacation this week. i know of only one other mango tango at a dealer much futher away that i looked at a few weeks ago. guess if i am dead set on one i could either have my dealer do a search or go after the mango tango if i am serious. wondering what would be better?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by The Irish Redfish
Are you runnin wheel spacers on your factory rims... Nice jeep! My Mt. will be lifted by a teraflex lift as well!
Thanks man! Yeah i did need wheel spacers - i think they we're 1.25". And I needed an extenders for the spare since i don't have an after market rear bumper with tire carrier yet. I went with a 3" TF kit but it added much more than 3" since i don't yet have bumps and stuff...

Post pics when you have them!

Quick Reply: 2010 Mountain Owners?? Photo's? Advice?