Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2010 Mountain Owners?? Photo's? Advice?

Old 06-14-2010, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It kinda bums me out to see jeep doing the "islander" and the "mountaineer" or whatever its called. It's just like how the only really differences of the sahara are cheap plastic "chrome" trims and upgraded seat cloth...and those wheels and painted flares whatever you get my point. The mountaineer is just a differently painted grill, painted wheels, a logo and some seats. I don't even know what the islander's deal is!

these new "editions" to the wrangler family seem like a huge scam.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arcticanalog
It kinda bums me out to see jeep doing the "islander" and the "mountaineer" or whatever its called. It's just like how the only really differences of the sahara are cheap plastic "chrome" trims and upgraded seat cloth...and those wheels and painted flares whatever you get my point. The mountaineer is just a differently painted grill, painted wheels, a logo and some seats. I don't even know what the islander's deal is!

How so? I really don't get why every one can't stand these two new editions. You know, I drive a Rubicon, but my sister really loves the new Islander. If the fact that Jeep coming out with this gimmicky stuff could get someone like my sister into the Jeep family with me, then AWESOME! Plus, these types of things just draw in more people, keeping sales up, and keeping the future of our beloved Wranglers alive. And that is alright with me.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by brickybobby
How so? I really don't get why every one can't stand these two new editions. You know, I drive a Rubicon, but my sister really loves the new Islander. If the fact that Jeep coming out with this gimmicky stuff could get someone like my sister into the Jeep family with me, then AWESOME! Plus, these types of things just draw in more people, keeping sales up, and keeping the future of our beloved Wranglers alive. And that is alright with me.
holy crap! someone on the forum ACTUALLY gets it. Not all of us are going to wheel our wrangler, so the fun little add on packages make it sell. I think it makes perfect sense IMO
Old 06-14-2010, 09:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4fit?
Agreed. Other than that, I really like the looks of the black one.
The Black Mountain looks good to me

Old 06-14-2010, 09:26 PM
JK Newbie

You probably wouldn't have enjoyed the 1970's...

Old 06-14-2010, 09:37 PM
JK Newbie

HAHA! That is awesome! At least the mirrors weren't mounted to the doors!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:10 PM
JK Newbie

Haha... great find! Yea, you know what, now that I think about it, there were always random jeep models that were ugly IMO. I don't mind the Mtn. edition in Black, but i just cant justify spending the money... I just orded my Rubi last month for 31,XXX, and the Mtn is around the same price. Yea the wheels look pretty Bad-a$$ but i would just get them powder coated for like 65 a wheel. Hey if you like it then rock it! I just got the new quadratec magazine and they have a lowering kit from eibach WTF? lol. no matter how ugly any jeep is it can't look worse than a dropped jeep
Old 06-15-2010, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S/S DODGE
You probably wouldn't have enjoyed the 1970's...

no actually i think that's brilliant hahaha
Old 06-15-2010, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

It just seems the gimmicky stuff is REALLY gimmicky. Like the way they trick people into getting the sahara.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:25 AM
JK Jedi

Like the way they trick people into getting the sahara.
WTF does that mean??? I got into my Sahara based on a huge price difference between the Rubicon. I got to build up my Sahara for cheaper than a Stock Rubi, yeah I don't have lockers or the 4:10 Transfer Case but my Sahara goes where most Rubi's go!

Quick Reply: 2010 Mountain Owners?? Photo's? Advice?