Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2010 Mountain Owners?? Photo's? Advice?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I wouldn't have got a Rubi so cheap I would have looked at a mountain. I like the wheel color and rubi tires. I would leave the badges on. Might be worth something someday? Never know. I even like the tiki man edition. I think Jeep special editions like that are cool. They have done them forever. I didn't get what the Rio Grande YJ was? I think it was like a 4cyl with no a/c?

Last edited by bigbluejk; 09-28-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scolumbo
I took the Mountain decals off almost immediately, but left the black hood decal on. I'm now about to take it off also. It seems like a maintenance problem and I'm not sure it's really something I want anyway.

Anyone take the black hood decal off? Is there much adhesive to remove? The Mountain decals came off rather easily and not much adhesive cleanup, but of course the hood decal is much larger.
I had the dealership take the mountain decals off before I drove it off the lot I totally agree haha, I atually love the black hood decal, I also have read it is an aluminum decal, and jeep designed it so it wouldn't peel away or get crummu on the edges from washing etc, my only concern is getting wax build up when I detail my car, here is a pic of my mountain edition 4 " lift 33.5" Toyo Open country Mud Terrains
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00014-20100925-1822..jpg
Views:	121
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	91437  
Old 09-28-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jknit
I had the dealership take the mountain decals off before I drove it off the lot I totally agree haha, I atually love the black hood decal, I also have read it is an aluminum decal, and jeep designed it so it wouldn't peel away or get crummu on the edges from washing etc, my only concern is getting wax build up when I detail my car, here is a pic of my mountain edition 4 " lift 33.5" Toyo Open country Mud Terrains
Nice looking Jeep
Old 09-28-2010, 10:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Luiis81
Just got my mtn edition about 10 days ago and got it back from the shop yeaterday. Went with the pearl blue. i love it. Turns a lot of heads around town!

Started with a Teraflex lift and larger tires. I liked the look of it, wheels, seats... Hood is just a decal but i like it. I thought i'd take the mtn stiker off, but it's starting to grow on me! Have gotten so many compliments on it everywhere i go...

On a related note I don't really get the whole "I hate the mtn, island, etc." why would you burn so many calories on dissin' another Jeep??? You think your jeep is the only one people should buy? I like all jeeps regardless of type or why people buy them... Save your energy already.

Attachment 76299Attachment 76300
Now that one is sweet. I like it.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

I love my rescue green mountain edition. Does the mountain edition do anything to the jeep mechanically or is it all cosmetic aside from the larger wheels? I've been trying to figure this out for a while.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:15 PM
JK Freak

It's all cosmetic.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mountain Owners?? Photo's? Advice?