Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2009 Off Road Expo Show Photos

Old 10-11-2009, 12:54 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up 2009 Off Road Expo Show Photos

For those of you who weren't able to attend the 2009 Off Road Expo in Pomona, CA, rest assured, you didn't miss much. While this was the 10th anniversary of the show, it was by far the smallest I have seen it in terms of square footage and in terms of the amount of displays. Granted, with 3 fewer buildings and subsequent alleys to fill, the show did feel a lot more crowded than years past and, I suppose that was one of the smartest things the promoters of this show could have done.

So, was the show a total bust? Not at all. While there wasn't a whole lot new to see, there were a few new products that really caught my attention and are deserving of a kudos. First and foremost, I have to give a big thumbs up to Off Road Evolution and the official release of their new long arm suspension kit. While many have seen this kit in development, this was the first time that it was put on display as a product with a price tag and available for purchase today.

If it's really true and these will finally be available before the end of the year, the newly refined and re-introduced PUREJEEP tube fenders were extremely well made and were without a doubt a real eye catcher especially for those who have never seen them before..

As a product that most JK owners are sure to desire for it's funtionality, ease of use and affordable price point, if there were a single product that I could give a Best in Show award to, it would have to be the all new M.O.R.E. Freedom Top storage unit. Compact in design and well padded, this storage unit allows you to safely remove and store your hard top's Freedom Tops safely and securely in the back of your JK and without risk of damage to them even when off roading. In the up position, you still retain a significant amount of storage space and in the down position, the steel construction allows you to carry cargo on top of it. Loading up your Freedom Tops can be done from the back of your JK by lowering the storage unit front panel or, if the back is all loaded up with gear, you can access the tops by lowering your rear seatback.

Another great new product from M.O.R.E. was the introduction of their re-designed rear bumper with tire carrier that is now integrated onto the tailgate. This new design allows for an easy one hand operation.

Of course, I have been dying to see the all new Currie 609 fabricated axles and can tell you that photos don't do them justice. These things are just plain badass!!

Other notable mentions at the show include a new stubby front bumper from Expedition One....

OR-FAB's new sport cage that comes with floor mounts....

Bushwacker flat fenders....

While the Atomic Axles were a bit over the top for my taste, the built up JK they had on display was pretty nice....

And finally, here's a shot of Bullfrog checking out the all new Bilstein long range plasma rifle ....

To see all the pics from our day out at the 2009 Off Road Expo Show, simply click on the link below:

2009 Off Road Expo Show Photo Gallery

Old 10-11-2009, 02:20 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

BTW - in case you missed them, more photos can be seen at the Project-JK.com Facebook Fanpage Photogallery here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...5988970&page=3

Old 10-11-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like that stinger / grill on the overkilleng jeep! i wonder how much it costs
Old 10-11-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife

Absolutely awesome new item. The fact that they added both an up and down mode makes this item.

Originally Posted by wayoflife

This bumper totally gets my thumbs up on style alone. Great looking bumper.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:36 PM
JK Super Freak

awesome pics those currie 609's are sick
Old 10-11-2009, 04:11 PM
JK Super Freak

This bumper...is it the expedition one bumper shown above with both a winch mount and factory fogs? or is this the LoD bumper? It looks great.

Did ORE redesign their rocker guards or were these specially made for someone or just for the show?

Looks like it was a cool show even though not much went on. Thanks for filling us all in on some new goodies!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Good pics!

The refined flat fenders from Purejeep look great..

and the atomic axle JK, looks great too!

Old 10-11-2009, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Eye candy currie 9" and EVO long arms, looks sweet
Old 10-11-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the post. Those are outstanding pics of the Evo system. I need one now!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

Everything looks pretty wild! Makes me wants new stuff soooooo bad, haha

Quick Reply: 2009 Off Road Expo Show Photos