Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2008 Viper Throttle body to be installed today on my jeep. will keep updated

Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

Did you feel an increase in performance?
Yea a little more throttely
Old 11-03-2011, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by oO_Rogue_Oo

Fastman has been around for a long time and has been really popular with the Dodge Ram and Dakota guys. He is know for his quality work and customer service.

As far as the Viper throttlebody goes; I've been running mine now for about 2 months. I'm running with a Sprint Booster; no tunner; a drop in K&N air filter and a AEV snorkle on an otherwise stock engine. I have not thrown any codes or otherwise had any negative effects. On the other hand I haven't seen any real performance gain either. When I first put it on I saw a slight improvement in throttle responce but since my stock throttlebody had 30k miles on it was was ready for cleaning; I'd have to say I didn't see anything in the way of performance that I wouldn't have seen by simply cleaning my throttlebody. All said and done I wouldn't recommend this to anyone; unless of course you just wanted a spare throttlebody; in which case this is a cheaper way to buy a spare than going with stock. Save your money; don't bother with this. Just buy a can of throttlebosy cleaner and clean your throttlebody and you'll get the same result.
Honestly I figured this would be the case with these...
Old 11-03-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

Honestly I figured this would be the case with these...
With out a bigger intake and exhaust system you are still limited to the performance of this mod. It's no different then buying an aftermarket throttle body that's a bigger diameter then the stock one
Old 11-03-2011, 06:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK10
honestly I haven't seen any negative feedback on this mod.. I've read all the threads about it. I'm doing it next paycheck. I will also do a custom DiabloSport tune though.
I have a Viper TB sitting in a box. Shoot me a PM when you get ready to buy.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

I have the RIPP headers with the Volant intake and MBRP exhaust with 4:88's and waiting for the Diablo to come out for the 2011's. So far it's operating pretty damn good here in Colorado Springs. I am even averaging 17.93 MPG's (Hand Calc.)

That's daily driving to and from work about 34 miles round trip on some hills and little traffic lights.

Quick Reply: 2008 Viper Throttle body to be installed today on my jeep. will keep updated