Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2007 JK build:longarms and 40s

Old 11-13-2013, 04:40 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome build but like said above those D44's won't hold up during off road use.Should think about D60's instead
Old 11-13-2013, 04:51 PM
JK Junkie

My .02 are, really nice front bumper Enjoy!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by red2010rubi
My .02 are, really nice front bumper Enjoy!
X2 I love the lines of this custom bumper
Old 11-13-2013, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

Super nice bumper, that's the nicest custom one I've seen.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brett3xx
Can you please explain why this is stupid and dangerous? This jeep drives great, it's not darty and has no bump steer. The draglink and trackbar are parallel with each other. I don't see why this is an issue, yes it will be flipped and the track bar bracket changed to match, but it drives fine as is.
my sincere apologies. I went back and looked through the all pics and realized the drag link and track bar are parallel. I was scrolling through earlier and these two photos alarmed me.

I'm going to edit my earlier post so it doesn't drive this thread off topic with a steering geometry questions
Old 11-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It will see occasional off-roading. The sector shaft brace will be added in the future Along with a draglink flip. What kind of driveshaft problems will he run into with the caster at 4.5 degrees with the C's not being rotated?
The difference in pinion angle to driveshaft angle will be too much with that much lift and 4.5 degrees caster. There are several examples of cracked open transfer cases from guys who did freeway speeds with too much caster for the lift with dual cardan driveshafts.

We bought my wife's 4 dr used. It was built by Off Road Evolution with a Teraflex long arm and EVO coilover system set to about a 5.5" lift. The caster was set at about 4.5 degrees. Within about 10k miles, the too low pinion angle caused enough vibrations that the front pinion bearings failed and the spines in the driveshaft were damaged. We were lucky that her transfer case didn't break open and catch on fire on the highway. So, I backed off caster, lowered the lift, installed a new driveshaft, and used the pinion bearing failure as an excuse to upgrade from 5.13s to 5.38s (08 automatic on 37s).
Old 11-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

It's still getting into the fender, so we're going to add taller bumpstops
With a 1.25" body lift, you should be able to run 40s with 3.25" front and rear extended bumpstops. You will need to trim the front and rear pinch seams of the rear fender well. The front will need some trimming as well.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Originally Posted by ABENDX
LCG.... a fad that needs to be put to rest! Belly clearance is WAY too important to ignore. Mine's sitting at about 10" on 40s and I have no feeling of instability.
Umm...don't know if they understand your sarcasm.

COG matters if you want your tires to have more traction in certain situations:

Last edited by planman; 11-13-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ABENDX
LCG.... a fad that needs to be put to rest! Belly clearance is WAY too important to ignore.

Mine's sitting at about 10" on 40s and I have no feeling of instability.
You know comment was bugging me a little , you have 10" of clearance from the gas tank to the ground or from some other point
Old 11-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaker t5
You know comment was bugging me a little , you have 10" of clearance from the gas tank to the ground or from some other point
Lift....
And too lcg and the wheelbase of the 4dr with roll over sucks....ask ,e how I know...20" belly with the wheelbase is good these things are WIDE to begin with. Then the length works with the height....
2 Dr is a different story the wheelbase is so close that not a lot of lift needed.

Quick Reply: 2007 JK build:longarms and 40s