Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2007 JK build:longarms and 40s

Old 11-13-2013, 02:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumper looks very nice.

All the stock ends on the tie rod and drag link will be toast in no time with those monster tires.

Its coming along nicely so far, but there are a few of issues that need to be addressed.

Last edited by D_engel; 11-13-2013 at 05:02 PM. Reason: foot in mouth
Old 11-13-2013, 02:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ABENDX

LCG.... a fad that needs to be put to rest! Belly clearance is WAY too important to ignore.
LCG is not a fad. Its more so an excuse that I use to justify not spending money on all new control arms and drive shafts
Old 11-13-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by D_engel
LCG is not a fad. Its more so an excuse that I use to justify not spending money on all new control arms and drive shafts
Great answer!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Mixing bolt on in... makes no sense that I can tell. Why?

Also... you are weak in plenty of other spots... PLANMAN was alluding to and will surely add to.

Ignore the height cops.... your build height is fine.
I was more curious as to why the 1.25 on top of the 6" , I would have just left it 6" or found a lift that went higher with springs , but that could be because I don't like body lifts

I don't care about LCG and you can not compare your rig to this guy rig
Old 11-13-2013, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jaker t5
I was more curious as to why the 1.25 on top of the 6" , I would have just left it 6" or found a lift that went higher with springs , but that could be because I don't like body lifts

:-)

Just throwing it out there... most guys are stuck on that and it isn't an issue as some would make it out to be.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D_engel
Bumper looks very nice.

I cant believe he is driving that thing with the current steering geometry. 6"+ lift with a raised track bar bracket and unflipped drag link is just plain stupid and dangerous. Hit a dip in the road and he'll be in the next lane before he knows it.

Also, all the stock ends on the tie rod and drag link will be toast in no time with those monster tires.

Its coming along nicely so far, but there are a ton of issues that need to be addressed.
Can you please explain why this is stupid and dangerous? This jeep drives great, it's not darty and has no bump steer. The draglink and trackbar are parallel with each other. I don't see why this is an issue, yes it will be flipped and the track bar bracket changed to match, but it drives fine as is.

Originally Posted by jaker t5

The owner likes the taller look.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Brett3xx
The owner likes the taller look.
I can't imagine getting into that damn thing after a hard night in the gym lol. :eek:
Old 11-13-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Jedi

Is he going to wheel this jeep or just for looks?
Old 11-13-2013, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to give you my option on this build! I love it!! Your proud of it too or you wouldn't have posted all these GREAT picts and all the info!! What you do with your jeep is what YOU WANT TO DO!!! If you want to say your proud of your jeep with 3" of lift and 37" tires with 22" rims then that's what you like.. More power to you!! I wouldn't ever tell you that's a mall crawler !
There's nothing STUPID about all the hard work and time y'all put into this CUSTOM BUILD!!! Not to mention the funds!! I'm the kind that likes a lot of sidewall on tires and a lot of distance between my frame and all the crap I want to drive over top of!! I like to see different ways to build jeeps!! This is the kind I like. It's not like what you see at every dealership in every town!!
Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm in no way telling someone I don't know there jeep is built in the wrong way or is "stupid"!!
Your build is top notch!! Keep it going!! I appreciate the hard work!!'
Old 11-13-2013, 04:39 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Matth
I'm going to give you my option on this build! I love it!! Your proud of it too or you wouldn't have posted all these GREAT picts and all the info!! What you do with your jeep is what YOU WANT TO DO!!! If you want to say your proud of your jeep with 3" of lift and 37" tires with 22" rims then that's what you like.. More power to you!! I wouldn't ever tell you that's a mall crawler !
There's nothing STUPID about all the hard work and time y'all put into this CUSTOM BUILD!!! Not to mention the funds!! I'm the kind that likes a lot of sidewall on tires and a lot of distance between my frame and all the crap I want to drive over top of!! I like to see different ways to build jeeps!! This is the kind I like. It's not like what you see at every dealership in every town!!
Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm in no way telling someone I don't know there jeep is built in the wrong way or is "stupid"!!
Your build is top notch!! Keep it going!! I appreciate the hard work!!'
You didn't mention how His axles are ticking time bomb? Lol I like the build a to high for what I like but if it was me or if you want my opinion if you are going to wheel it then you need 60's under there or at least 44's with as much upgrades that will cost you almost what a 60 will cost you

Quick Reply: 2007 JK build:longarms and 40s