Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2 week old jeep and i can't stop modifying!!!

Old 06-10-2010, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey dude I like it looks good. Can you give me some details on your harness for the front seats? Let me know!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Arcticanalog, as far as the four point harness goes I removed the 2 rear bolts that bolt the seat to the floor and attached all four points through there. The shoulder straps run though the headrest posts and down the back of the seat to keep from sliding off the sides of the seat. I plan on getting water proof seat cover in which I'll cut slots into them so the straps can be hidden. I didn't have it in me to cut into the seats. not yet anyway, jeep is only 2 weeks old. The only part I havent figured out is how to turn off the stupid seat belt buzzer. I tried unplugging it under the seat but a light on my dash came on saying it was disconnected. I might pull the fuse but until then I connected the original seatbelt and I have the lap belt tucked into the seat with the shoulder strap across the back. Once again, seat covers will hide all of this. Hope this helps!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by RANGER666
Stereo first. RF is Rockford Fosgate and a capacitator maximizes and clarifies your amp so you only have to use half the juice and get way better sound quality. ...
Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm rather old corps (as is 99.999% of the Internet, BTW--try searching yourself, which I did before posting my bewilderment): RF means radio frequency, and a search for "capacitator" will end up with the definition of a capacitor.

BTW: I have nearly five decades in the design, engineering, production, installation and maintenance of command, control, communication, computer and intellligence systems. I'm always amused by the lengths to which manufacturers go to distinguish their products. RF. Capacitator.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:42 AM
JK Super Freak

In RF Capacitor, i thought the "F" stood for Flux.

corey d
Old 06-11-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Arcticanalog, as far as the four point harness goes I removed the 2 rear bolts that bolt the seat to the floor and attached all four points through there. The shoulder straps run though the headrest posts and down the back of the seat to keep from sliding off the sides of the seat. I plan on getting water proof seat cover in which I'll cut slots into them so the straps can be hidden. I didn't have it in me to cut into the seats. not yet anyway, jeep is only 2 weeks old. The only part I havent figured out is how to turn off the stupid seat belt buzzer. I tried unplugging it under the seat but a light on my dash came on saying it was disconnected. I might pull the fuse but until then I connected the original seatbelt and I have the lap belt tucked into the seat with the shoulder strap across the back. Once again, seat covers will hide all of this. Hope this helps!!!
Awesome it soudns pretty sick! What kind of harnesses are they? Can you post some pictures of the whole set up? I would be forever in debt to you.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Ouch ! When someones knees hit that maglite mount. Can you rotate those clamps around so they are not such knee-skinners ?

Looks great ! I need to take a vacation so I can start hitting the new list of mods this damn forum perpetuates.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

nice mods dude, i like the fabricated ipod mount, cool idea and great spot to put it.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long story short. Bought jeep 2 weeks ago and done the following list since then.

Installed Kenwood head unit, 2, 12 inch RF subs, 1000W RF amp with RF compacitator.
Painted factory wheels black
installed Hella windshield lights
over the mirror CB mounted
fabricated ipod holder
fabricated dashboard storage
fire extinguisher
center console lights with switches
mag light holder
2 inch spacer lift

I'm addicted!!! I can't stop. Thank god I'm on vacation so work doesn't interfere with my addiction and also thank god my wife just pulls the rocking chair off the front porch into the garage and reads and smiles as she watches me go nuts!!!!! All my ideas are from previous posts so thanks everyone!!!!!
Yeah I know what ya saying - at least there are 12 step programs to get you off crack ot booze, but nuttin' for Jeep-Freaks
Old 06-11-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Welcome to the club
Old 06-12-2010, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

LOVE the seat belts? who makes them? and if you dont mind, how much did that set you back?

Quick Reply: 2 week old jeep and i can't stop modifying!!!