Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2 Drs. on 37's

Old 04-27-2010, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Drs. on 37's

Show em..... post you're pics of 2 drs. running on 37"s....
Looking at possibly making the switch from my 35s when they wear down, I see 4 drs. all day with 37's, but don't see many 2 drs......
Like em? Looking for answers from folks who really use them hard off road... not really looking at the "Looks" aspect, although they do look real cool!!!... I rock pretty hard off road and would appreciate honest, real world feed back.... Are they really any better than running 35s ?
other than ground clearance, pros and cons.......
I already have gears, tube sleeves and gussets....... will go to good axles when they break.......
Lets see em..... thanks.......
Old 04-27-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I switched to 37s I kept telling myself on the way to the tire place 35s 35s 35s , and when I got there somehow I said 37s just could not resist, at first I thought I made a mistake, the jeep wonders a lot more on the road and it took a while to get used to, as you know it's also a lot slower, I don't see much advantage to 35s, or maybe I just don't wheel that hard I like the way they look and I guess now I'm used to them so I'm sure when the time comes I'll be switching to 40s so don't trust my answers I'm not that practical, but my jeep is not my dd,and it'll probably end up being a trailer queen, so you have to take that into consideration. good luck
Old 04-27-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have wheeled with other JK's with 35's and I noticed that I have a slightly easier time with my 37's. I still have a lot more wheeling to do to get a good feel for these big tires and how they compare to 35's. I can say that they are not ideal if your JK is a daily driver. You float on the highway with a fair bit of steering correction, but hey...it's a Jeep (I love it). Personally I think 40's would be too large for a 2 door if doing anything other than mud pits.

You might want to consider a suspension upgrade. I have a 4.5" long arm. I see you have a 3", not sure if you'll rub, hopefully some other people here can answer that question...

Here's mine on 37" BFG Krawlers

Posing next to a small F150

Last edited by NewfieScreech; 04-27-2010 at 08:45 AM.

Quick Reply: 2 Drs. on 37's