Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2 doors with kids???

Old 09-18-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TyStick
My jk seats both fold up towards the window with a little lift as they move forward. Maybe it's an '11 thing?
TyStick, can you snap a pic of this? I literally just got back from the dealer with my 10 yr old to test how she would get in and out of the Jeep (testing a 2012). I was messing around with the passenger seat but could only get the seat to lean forward a bit and then I had to use the glide mechanism under the seat to slide it all the way to the dash. I also have a 3yr old and was thinking it was going to be one hec of a long winter trying to get her in and out of the back. If there is some flip mechanism, I'd love to find out more. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, step by step. Kind of. Between pic three and four imagine and extra push and the seat lifts forward to give you an extra 4-5 inches of movement. You can clearly see the difference in gap. It helps and I know it's not a huge step, but it's why I bought the two door. I like the look and the no high centering feature the 4 doors come with w/o 3 inches of lift. ;-)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2993109204.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	212558   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3876710420.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	212559   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-423929210.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	212560   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-714762757.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	212561   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1108604918.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	212562  

Old 09-18-2011, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

TyStick, you are awesome. Thanks for the fast reply! I didn't even try that. Guess I'll have to make another trip to the dealer to play around with the jeeps...ah shucks...
Old 09-18-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2 door is a little more inconvienent then the 4 door but not impossible to manage. I got mine when my boys were 6 & 18 months they are now 4 and 6 years old. I started out with the infant carrier, then rearfacing carseats (most difficult stage with the 2 door) then forward facing, and now booster seats.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the first couple of times I loaded my daughter in my 2011, I only pushed the seatback forward and stopped there. I guess I got used to that with the '07 I had. But with the extra "shove and lift" seat, I accidentally leaned on it and it went all the way forward. I felt pretty stupid but relieved that the seat actually moved up that far. It doubled the room to get in the back seat.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case anyone comes across this old thread I'll add my two cents. I bought a 2 door soft top JK as my sole vehicle. To me, the 2 door is a classic Wrangler. Cost was an issue as well. While I try to leave the top down as much as possible, I live in south Florida so it rains a bit. Hard. And I often dress for work and need the AC so I don't arrive at work sopping wet with sweat. So there are many days that the top is up. I have an 8 year old. He rides in it every day. He has no problem folding the passenger seat forward all by himself and climbing in. He can also fold the seat forward, open the door and climb out on his own. I only need to shove the passenger seat back in place, which I can do from the driver's seat. There is plenty of room in the back for him and a friend. And of course when the top is off he climbs in by stepping on a rear tire and jumping in. In fact, I brought the JK home with the top down and that was the first way he entered the Jeep. He climbs out the same way. I can imagine placing a child in a child seat would be tough, particularly with a lift and the top on so you can't stand fully up in back. But remember that they grow. Quickly. And the new passenger seat does leave a wider opening which helps.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have two daughters in boosters with 07 jk they don't seem to mind my 6 yr old says yuck everytime she sees a jku she doesnt like then says, they aren't real jeeps. And. Oni didn't teach her that
Old 07-04-2012, 10:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ffrogg
I have two daughters in boosters with 07 jk they don't seem to mind my 6 yr old says yuck everytime she sees a jku she doesnt like then says, they aren't real jeeps. And. Oni didn't teach her that
Smart girl! She knows a station wagon when she sees one! LOL :thumbs up:
Old 07-04-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

kids in the back is only a pain in the ass when they are young...like real young that they cant get in by themselves. mine are 5 and 9, and never have to help them. I also have 16 and 19yr old step-kids...and honestly I could care less if its a pain in the ass for that age...the only reason, I would pick the 4door over the 2door is for camping. Love my 2door..
Old 04-24-2013, 04:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have 2 boys (9) and (5) No problems getting them in and out. The passenger front seat slides up with ease and they have tons of room back there. I love my 2 Door and would never consider a 4 door but I'm a Purest and a traditionalist.

When you think of a Jeep you think of a 2 door Jeep. The 4 Door is the red headed step-child that was a necessary evil to Keep sales up and the Wrangler alive because they could now target families who needed cargo space for shopping bags and groceries, Instead of the Off-road enthusiast.

In short 4 doors Killed the Jeep wave because most people buy them keep them stock don't wheel them have no idea that Jeeps are a Way of life, a lifestyle, not Just a "car" to get errands done and run the kids from soccer practice.

Can you see a Soccer mom in a 4 Dr doing this??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	InTheDeep.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	450739  

Quick Reply: 2 doors with kids???