Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2 door + EVO double throwdown

Old 03-06-2009 | 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

I think that is one great setup. 38's , doubles, and a Hemi!!!
Old 03-06-2009 | 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those tires are sweet!

The whole package looks damn good, but the tires really make it stand out.
Old 03-07-2009 | 01:44 AM
JK Jedi

Awesome JK!
Old 03-07-2009 | 03:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chef_special
its beautiful...
x2, I'm Jeep green with jealousy!
Old 03-08-2009 | 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is a sick looking Jeep! Well done!!

Is the double throw down kit more for jumps/high speed driving? Or just for heavier applications (ie: 6.1L Hemi)?
Old 03-08-2009 | 09:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Amway Man
That is a sick looking Jeep! Well done!!

Is the double throw down kit more for jumps/high speed driving? Or just for heavier applications (ie: 6.1L Hemi)?
Its a coil over conversion. Coil overs have superior performance than standard coils. They are fully adjustable, generally have much more travel, and can be fine tuned to get the exact spring rate that you want. While they are great for higher speed desert driving, they are also heavily used by rock crawlers.
Old 03-08-2009 | 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stuka
Its a coil over conversion. Coil overs have superior performance than standard coils. They are fully adjustable, generally have much more travel, and can be fine tuned to get the exact spring rate that you want. While they are great for higher speed desert driving, they are also heavily used by rock crawlers.
I've been looking at the single throw down and was just curious what would be the benefit of a double throw down. Im a big fan of coilovers having seen them on several serious rock crawlers

The 38s look fantastic on the 2 door too!
Old 03-08-2009 | 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

awesome jeep dude. great action shots on the sand!
Old 03-08-2009 | 02:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Amway Man
I've been looking at the single throw down and was just curious what would be the benefit of a double throw down. Im a big fan of coilovers having seen them on several serious rock crawlers

The 38s look fantastic on the 2 door too!
my understanding is that the single coilovers are more for rocks and big articulation at slowish speeds. (although they are aparently great on the street) the doubles are better for high speed rough terrain more like dune running and rallying, even a few jumps. but this is only what i can gather no one has given a definate difference so u would be curios to know aswell.
Old 03-09-2009 | 08:42 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Nice pics
Glad to see your using it ,when I get back there next I prommiss I will make it out with you I realy want to see Oman
I have a whole bunch of pics of your install takend at Off Road Evolution UAE, If I have time I will get them up on the extreme thread.

Thanks again and It looks great
Mel Wade

Quick Reply: 2 door + EVO double throwdown