Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2 door & 2 CAR SEATS

Old 03-12-2008, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 door & 2 CAR SEATS

lookin for a little practical advice regarding a 2 door and two car seats; I want to use the wrangler for its true purpose, but at the same time I would like to take my two kids (21 months and 10 months) along with me.
does anyone drive a two door and tote around 2 car seats, if so, how does that work. I realize the 4 door is obviously more practical, but I think the 4 door is a bit too long to meneuver through tight trails.

Any advice is appreciated...any pics would be great
Old 03-12-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Newbie

With two kids do not get the 2 door. You will simply regret it. The 4 door does fine on trails.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up Two seats two doors - great!

I have 2 toddler seats in the back of my 2-door, no problems. Boys love it as long as we don' t go too fast with the top down. It's a little bit of reach to fasten seat belts but well worth it.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same setup in mine. my girls love it (3-1/2, and 2), biggest problem...no place to put the stroller, top down or not. but i love my 2dr. they are old enough to walk anyway.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by buttsbd
lookin for a little practical advice regarding a 2 door and two car seats; I want to use the wrangler for its true purpose, but at the same time I would like to take my two kids (21 months and 10 months) along with me.
does anyone drive a two door and tote around 2 car seats, if so, how does that work. I realize the 4 door is obviously more practical, but I think the 4 door is a bit too long to meneuver through tight trails.

Any advice is appreciated...any pics would be great
if the 10 month old is in a carrier/carseat it is going to be a pain...

i debated trading in my 4 door sahara on a 2 door rubicon, but the ablity to take it in and out is near impossible.

maybe if the 2 doors had a tilt and slide (2009?)
Old 03-13-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by gjeepguy
if the 10 month old is in a carrier/carseat it is going to be a pain...

i debated trading in my 4 door sahara on a 2 door rubicon, but the ablity to take it in and out is near impossible.

maybe if the 2 doors had a tilt and slide (2009?)
here is my original thread
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=carseat
Old 03-13-2008, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

i will probably go back to the 2 dr. when my youngest is 2
Old 03-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rescue1
I have the same setup in mine. my girls love it (3-1/2, and 2), biggest problem...no place to put the stroller, top down or not. but i love my 2dr. they are old enough to walk anyway.
Get those cheapie umbrella strollers. They take up very little room.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2dr and 2 boys, 3 yr old and 14 month old, I have had a infant carrier and forward facing full size car seat, then moved to 2 full size car seats one forward facing and one rear facing and now do 2 forward facing full size car seats. The infant carrier was a real pain to get in and out, the rear facing wasn't too bad but he had to go in through the back door and over the back seat. Now that both are forward facing it is not too bad I find it easier to let the 3 yr old crawl between the front seats to get into his then put the 14m old on the center console while I get in and kneel on the front seat then put him in his seat and buckle him in, I find this easier than trying to squeeze myself between the seat and the pillar. It isn't easy but it is doable.

As far as strollers go I have the Jeep Wrangler Umbrella strolller and it fits nicely behind the seat in the 2 door.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

If you have rear-facing car seats, it's virtually impossible to get the kids in the car seat in a 2-door, unless you open the tailgate, lift the rear window/flap and place them in through the rear!

I had this problem with my '05 TJ, which is why I have an '08 JK Unlimited now.

On the other hand, older kids love the 2-door! They think it's cool to "climb" into the Jeep. I have a niece who was 6 at the time I had my TJ and she used to climb on the tires and through the roll cage to get to the back seat. Now she thinks it's boring to simply open the door and get in. I'll have to lift the JK and put 37s to have her "climb" in again and regain my title as the "cool" uncle.

I regret having sold my TJ for this reason. I have a feeling once the kids are older, they're going to like a 2-door. I could always weld the rear doors in place and have them climb through the windows....Hazard-style.

Quick Reply: 2 door & 2 CAR SEATS