Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2.5" Teraflex with stock Rubicon tires...

Old 05-15-2007, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bamoman, that is what I was afraid of. Going to have to wait and do the wheels at the same time.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:24 AM
JK Super Freak

I have it too. Stock rims, wheel spacers & 33's. I've wheeled it pretty hard... high rpm sandy hill climbs and slow crawl'n with lots of articulation.

No issues at all.

The axles are off, but hardly noticable. I would like to get adjustable track bars at some point.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry for the ignorance... but what is ESP? Why would the rear axel be shifted with a lift?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blackmarketg4
Sorry for the ignorance... but what is ESP? Why would the rear axel be shifted with a lift?
ESP is JK's Electronic Stability program.

Simple geometry. Axle is connected to frame by track bar. Raise the frame, track bar goes up on frame end without changing the length of the track bar. Other end of the track bar at the axle goes to the side to compensate for the raising of the frame end.

glwood
Old 05-18-2007, 01:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by glwood6

Simple geometry. Axle is connected to frame by track bar. Raise the frame, track bar goes up on frame end without changing the length of the track bar. Other end of the track bar at the axle goes to the side to compensate for the raising of the frame end.

glwood
So, how do you prevent that from happening or fix it?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rugbyduck

Need an adjustable track bar
Old 05-18-2007, 03:41 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rugbyduck
  • You can prevent it from happening by not lifting the Jeep. If you lift it, it moves.
  • Fixing it is done by getting aftermarket adjustable length track bars.
There is a trackbar relocation bracket for the rear that mounts to the stock axlemount location. On some lift kits this has been being used in lieu of an adjustable track bar. This extended bracket however has been causing the stock trackbar mounting point on the rear axle to shear off. The general consensus seems to be that the best and safest way to recorrect the rear axle location is with the adjustable unit, and not the extension bracket that mounts to the axle.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
  • You can prevent it from happening by not lifting the Jeep. If you lift it, it moves.
  • Fixing it is done by getting aftermarket adjustable length track bars.
There is a trackbar relocation bracket for the rear that mounts to the stock axlemount location. On some lift kits this has been being used in lieu of an adjustable track bar. This extended bracket however has been causing the stock trackbar mounting point on the rear axle to shear off. The general consensus seems to be that the best and safest way to recorrect the rear axle location is with the adjustable unit, and not the extension bracket that mounts to the axle.
Teraflex BB is due in today; I already ordered a rear track bar bracket from BDS that I read about, it came earlier this week. It is a very stout bracket, and it mounts on the FRAME end, not the axle. It will drop the frame end and make the bar more parallel to the axle as is stock...I am hoping that this will recenter the rear axle once lift goes on...if front is off noticeably, I will get an adjustable front trackbar...

glwood
Old 05-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by glwood6
Teraflex BB is due in today; I already ordered a rear track bar bracket from BDS that I read about, it came earlier this week. It is a very stout bracket, and it mounts on the FRAME end, not the axle. It will drop the frame end and make the bar more parallel to the axle as is stock...I am hoping that this will recenter the rear axle once lift goes on...if front is off noticeably, I will get an adjustable front trackbar...

glwood
I am curious to see how that works I heard people talking about it, but i didnt know it was in production yet. Please keep us updated.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:52 AM
JK Freak

Default BDS track bar bracket

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I am curious to see how that works I heard people talking about it, but i didnt know it was in production yet. Please keep us updated.
Sent you a PM with a photo of the bracket. Will install this weekend, let you know how it works.

glwood

Quick Reply: 2.5" Teraflex with stock Rubicon tires...