Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2.5" Coil lift with 37's almost complete

Old 06-02-2010, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice dude, I am going to do this as well after my 35's die! Do you rub at all at full flex???
Old 06-02-2010, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ae6332
I like the look alot....one question is there a reason you didn't go with a stubby rear LOD since your space is tight in the rear anyways?
No Reason. I liked the look of the full size rear bumper. It's difficult to see in the photos but I have plenty of room in the back. The front, toward the pinch seem was the biggest challenge.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JocKy
Very Nice!!

How are the 4.10's treating you on your daily drive? Any plans on up grading them or the Driveshafts?
The next upgrade was going to be swapping to 5.38's. When I first drove it with the 37's I could really feel the difference. I used the SuperChips Flashpaq in the highest performance mode (93 Octane) and now I don't feel a big difference from when it was stock. Like I said, it's a daily driver and I drive at least 100 miles per day usually between 70-80mph and it has been fine.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

That is a sweet looking rig!! Looks great!!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by john smack
hey man nice rig, but I have to completely disagree with the tire noise, these tires sound like a cessna comming in for landing, you can hear my jeep comming for over 2kms up the street.
Personally I love the loud tires, but all my neighbours have commented on how they can hear me comming for along time before I actually pull in the yard
Are you running the radials or the bias? I'm running the radials and I was seriously hoping for a little bit of the hum I've heard on the Nitto Mud Grapplers. Although it's probably better that they aren't loud since I use this as my daily driver and I'm stuck on the phone so much. They are seriously comparable to the stock BFG's I had on.

Originally Posted by Bosox5
Nice dude, I am going to do this as well after my 35's die! Do you rub at all at full flex???
When I first put the tires on, I had to remove the plastic skid up front as well as cut the plastic off my factory front bumper (to make it a shorty). I also had to do the washer mod to limit my steering a tad bit (very quick 5 min. mod. that WOL has written up on the forum). In the back, I really took time on the pinch seems. Initially, I thought they were good, but found they would rub every time I hit a bump. After bending more of the pinch seem I haven't had any issues on or off road. I haven't been full stuff yet, but judging from what I've done so far, I don't anticipate any problems. Plan-man has some good shots at full stuff with a similar set-up (he's the one who answered all my inquiries) and it doesn't rub. The difference with his is he has a 1" body lift which I didn't do.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

I am running radials, you must be running high tire pressure and the lugs are not slapping the pavement. these rockers have a bit of a crown to the tread pattern so fully inflated it runs mostly on the center tread patch.
I am running 25psi and they are wearing nicely across the tread pattern

Mine are for a 15" rim
Old 06-02-2010, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by john smack
I am running radials, you must be running high tire pressure and the lugs are not slapping the pavement. these rockers have a bit of a crown to the tread pattern so fully inflated it runs mostly on the center tread patch.
I am running 25psi and they are wearing nicely across the tread pattern

Mine are for a 15" rim
I like that look. Was so close to going 15" myself. Mine are 17's and I'm running at 27-28psi. They seem to be wearing evenly. Just turned 5K miles.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Very NICE! I have a similar set up, but ran 35s. I wish I would have done the 37s from the start. Gearing to 4.88 made all the difference in the world!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Dude, awesome rig. Clean and well thought out
Old 06-03-2010, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

Bad Ass Man!!

Quick Reply: 2.5" Coil lift with 37's almost complete