Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

2 or 2.5 inch lift with stock tires

Old 02-01-2010, 02:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2" Black Diamond BB with stock SRAs

Old 02-01-2010, 03:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2" BB by superlift and fender mod

33's 2" BB by superlift
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	b 002.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	36436  
Old 02-28-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pylot7
I have the TF 2.5 shocks and coils lift with rubicon wheels and tires on my 2 door X. It is very capable and the next step up is a serious jump.

There are some interesting problems that you will get right into if you go much past that.

For example, you really need to re-gear to go to 35's. But when you add 35's you might also want to think about upgrading the axles if you off road much at all. It wouldn't hurt to reinforce the axle housing with some C gussets and maybe a truss. And as long as you re-gear and upgrade the axles I hope you put lockers in there too. Course when you re-gear you seriously increase the drive shaft speed to the transfer case. This in turn means you really have to give some thought to upgrading the drive shafts. Without a skinnier drive shaft you are gonna knock the boot off the front stock one with a good lift and some increased articulation. It will die within a few thousand miles after that. If you go all the way and upgrade to dana 60's you are going to add about 800 pounds to your stock unit and it will dog with that little six in there.

So I'm stopping with the mods I have. Even with the TF lift the boot on the front shaft is spitting a little grease. But generally speaking I know I can zip up the mountain highways at 70, wheel all day, and get home with some reliability. Everything ends up being a bit of trade off. The more I look at my lifted X with the rubicon wheels the better it looks
Thanks for giving me a reality check on the slippery slope of upgrading past 2.5". Very well stated and convincing argument you've got there. I think I'll just go with the 2.5" lift and be happy.

Quick Reply: 2 or 2.5 inch lift with stock tires