Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

1st Pics

Old 12-25-2006, 03:58 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkmon
Aren't the rock rails stronger than the steps?
Yes Sir, but unfortunately the wife needs the steps and so does my labrador. I was thinking of selling these but the installation is so simple that I will keep them and use them if I decide to go into rocky terrain.....
Old 12-27-2006, 02:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Hek, you stated you had some time saving tips for installing the AEM intake. Can you share those with us? I just ordered my AEM and would appriciate any shortcuts and time savers.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:46 PM
HEK
JK Freak

I will be more than happy to help you on the installation if you happen to come into across any unexpected problems, but for example I removed the filter 1st, took off the gromets on the bottom of the filter housing and then removed the OEM hose in that order and I installed the gaskets on the AEM box before I installed them both of these procedures were not the order that the instructions called out.
Very important is to install the grommet on the CAI tube and the Oxygen sensor before you put the intake in it's place because when you try to push the sensor in the grommet this one will fall inside the tube and you will have to remove it to get the grommet out of the intake outlet.

BTW, when is your order due in?.

Last edited by HEK; 12-27-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:14 PM
JK Jedi Master

I placed my order today, so it will be 5 to 8 days (standard shipping) before I get it.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Where are you ordering from? I ordered my Airaid from Quadratec yesterday and got it today. Good thing I didn't spring for the three day (or 2 or next day) shipping.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:52 PM
JK Jedi Master

I ordered it from Quadratec. In the past it has been about 5 to 8 days depending on the how close to the weekend I ordered it. It would be a nice suprise if it showed up in 1 or 2 days.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:16 PM
HEK
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
Where are you ordering from? I ordered my Airaid from Quadratec yesterday and got it today. Good thing I didn't spring for the three day (or 2 or next day) shipping.
Same here, I got it from them as well and received it in a couple of days after the order was placed but I live in MA and Quadratec is also here.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

I checked UPS and tracking estimates delivery on Jan. 05, 2007.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Robar
I checked UPS and tracking estimates delivery on Jan. 05, 2007.
Just as scheduled my AEM showed up today at lunch. Took about 30 min. to install. And the tip about placing the oxygen sensor grommet in the tube before attaching the tube did help. I popped the grommet all the way through a couple of time before I got the sensor in correctly.
Here is a pic.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Default Robar Intake

Robar -
Nice install. Can you notice a little more pull with the new unit? I gotta get me one of those - I keep meaning to do it ...so I told my son tomorrow is Jeep after- market- part order day. So we'll order the intake, lift and take the rig down to get the exhaust done. I guess we'll get the tires and wheels the day we install the lift. I'm waiting for the PJ stubby bumper w/ light to come out. It never ends does it?

Quick Reply: 1st Pics