Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

1" Body Lift, Wheel Spacers and 35" KM/2's

Old 03-11-2008, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RubyRed44
To my knowledge if i get a 2.5" BB I am technically not increasing my flex at all, I'm just getting more ground clearance. I want to increase my flex but keep myself low. In order to do get more up travel I would just have smaller bump stops correct?? and in order to get more down travel i need longer shocks??
I am by no means an expert, but I have been doing a lot of research for when I am *finally* able to get a lift/bigger tires. I have been looking at the Superlift Superride 2" BB lift. The lift they sell WITH shocks comes with shocks that have 2" more travel than stock shocks. SO with that kit you get 2" of lift AND 2" of suspension travel. (At least that is what they advertise)

So, I'm not sure if those shocks are any better than my stock Rubicon shocks, but from the advertisement it sounds like I could get an extra 2" of travel with that kit.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ammonm
I am by no means an expert, but I have been doing a lot of research for when I am *finally* able to get a lift/bigger tires. I have been looking at the Superlift Superride 2" BB lift. The lift they sell WITH shocks comes with shocks that have 2" more travel than stock shocks. SO with that kit you get 2" of lift AND 2" of suspension travel. (At least that is what they advertise)

So, I'm not sure if those shocks are any better than my stock Rubicon shocks, but from the advertisement it sounds like I could get an extra 2" of travel with that kit.
Ok thanks, I'll try and look further into it. I think I'm just going to go with the Tera shock extenders until the stock Rubi shocks are all used up since i want to keep the stock ride for a while. I think then I'll switch to the longer shock and smaller bump stops to see if i get more flex.

I just don't understand how to calculate how long of a shock you can use so that you get max droop without bottoming out the shock and blowing it out prematurely. Is there a certain formula for this or do you just have to flex out your rig and measure it??
Old 03-12-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here it is now with the 2.5" TF BB w/ shock extensions/adapteres on it:

Old 03-12-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

oooooooooooo nice!

Now you are making me wish I had $$ to do the same! So, I'm guessing there is no rubbing now?

I want to do the EXACT same thing to my Rubi, but I have to wait until my factory tires wear out. :(
Old 03-12-2008, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ammonm
oooooooooooo nice!

Now you are making me wish I had $$ to do the same! So, I'm guessing there is no rubbing now?

I want to do the EXACT same thing to my Rubi, but I have to wait until my factory tires wear out. :(
Yeah i like this set-up a lot so far. Still minor rubbing at full stuff in the rear against the stock rock rails but it doesn't make any noise anymore, you can just see its touching if you look at it. We will see how it does in Moab. All I need to do now is decide what color I'm painting the wheels and add steps to my factory rails. That should all be done this weekend I hope.

Last edited by RubyRed44; 03-12-2008 at 06:24 PM. Reason: about rubbing
Old 03-12-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

Hey, that looks really good. It's going to be fun in Moab, for sure!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

cut the rock rails back two inches and also the seam.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smack2020
cut the rock rails back two inches and also the seam.
Thats what i was thinking of doing. Is there any structural problems that can come from this? I was just thinking of using a plasma cutter... you think that is the best thing to do it with??

Last edited by RubyRed44; 03-12-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:32 PM
JK Newbie

heard from people that the JK wrangler 07 or 08 Auto transmission vehicles need odometer and transmission calibration if you install 2'' body lift kit and 33's tires?

is that correct? if you have any knowledge of this issue please advise? thanks.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RubyRed44
Here it is now with the 2.5" TF BB w/ shock extensions/adapteres on it:

why does it look like it's leaning forward?

Quick Reply: 1" Body Lift, Wheel Spacers and 35" KM/2's