Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

1" Body Lift, Wheel Spacers and 35" KM/2's

Old 03-09-2008, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks AWESOME!

So quick question - with just the 1" BL and the spacers, when you turn the steering wheel lock-to-lock do the tires rub?

I plan on doing the exact same thing once my tires wear out.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice looking Jeep
Old 03-09-2008, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

One other question - What size/brand of tires are those?
Old 03-09-2008, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by njjeepthing
Any issues with the BL install? Is it like the old style kits where you have to move the radiator up and all as well? Any issues with the 4 wd lever or anything else need to be extended?
On a body lift you have to adjust the radiator because the engine driven fan will not fit into the shroud properly. The JK has an electric fan so there isn't an issue there. No issues with the 4WD lever or shifter lever on an automatic. On the manual you need to do some trimming.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ammonm
One other question - What size/brand of tires are those?
BFG 35" KM/2's
Old 03-09-2008, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ammonm
Looks AWESOME!

So quick question - with just the 1" BL and the spacers, when you turn the steering wheel lock-to-lock do the tires rub?

I plan on doing the exact same thing once my tires wear out.
They rubbed against the front air dam but I took that off cuz it looks way better without it and now it doesnt rub anymore. When at full flex and the steering at full lock there is minor rubbing front and rear but only against the plastic fenders. I took it out today and it did very well with this step up but the extra 2.5" BB will be very nice so I'm not dragging on everything.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Heres a link to a video of me wheeling this set up. I love the feeling of the low center of gravity. I would rub the fenders when i was flexing really hard but i flexed pretty good in the video and there was no rubbing going up that hill.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...947#post379947
Old 03-10-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice video!

Well, I am now convinced. Once my current tires wear out this is EXACTLY what I am doing! Thanks for all the pics!!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

On the BFG website it says that those 35's are to be mounted on a 8.5 inch wide rim or higher, any mounting problems with the tires on the rims?

Also do the spacers push the tires out far enough from the sway bar in the rear?

Your setup looks SWEET!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKFreek
On the BFG website it says that those 35's are to be mounted on a 8.5 inch wide rim or higher, any mounting problems with the tires on the rims?

Also do the spacers push the tires out far enough from the sway bar in the rear?

Your setup looks SWEET!
No mounting problems at all. This is the second time i have mounted a set of 35x12.50 on a 7 wide rim. The only thing is you have to bring the air pressure down a bit the get an even tread wear on the road. Because the tire sits taller with the sidewalls being pushed in it tends to wear in the middle of the tread.

I do like the tire mounted on a skinnier rim though. With my old set up I could air down to 8 psi while offroad and the tire would flex a lot and i never once blew a bead or was close to blowing a bead.

The spacers push it out far enough to my knowledge. I have looked at it while at full flex and it seems to clear everything but its hard to tell because the tire is stuffed up in the wheel well pretty far so you cant see much. After i wash it i will see if there is any scrape marks on the sway bar and let you know.

I really like this setup besides the rubbing on the fenders. I think the ultimate setup for the JK will be my setup with flat fenders or my step up plus a 2.5 BB, 37's and flat fenders. This will get you high enough to clear alot of things but still keep your COG very low. I've always believed you should have the largest tires on the smallest amount of lift while also making sure your not rubbing. The best way to achieve this is by cutting or replacing your fender flares. This is the exact reason AEV came out with the HighLine Fender kit for TJ's. But with the JK having higher fenders and bigger wheel wells to begin with all you have to do is slap on the flat fenders of your choice and maybe trim the body at the front of the rear wheel wells. That is where the majority of my rubbing is coming from right now.

Something else i was thinking about was getting smaller bump stops and longer shocks once i get flat fenders. To my knowledge if i get a 2.5" BB I am technically not increasing my flex at all, I'm just getting more ground clearance. I want to increase my flex but keep myself low. In order to do get more up travel I would just have smaller bump stops correct?? and in order to get more down travel i need longer shocks?? This is a subject i do not fully understand yet so if someone knows more about this kind of stuff please chime in and educate me. I want more flex but I'm not sure how to get it with out going with a larger left/ longer arms...

Last edited by RubyRed44; 03-10-2008 at 10:34 AM.

Quick Reply: 1" Body Lift, Wheel Spacers and 35" KM/2's