Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

08 Red JKU Rubicon

Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats up! My name is Paolo and I live in Florence, Az. My first Wrangler I bought was in August 2010 and I paid $6,000 for it. Put money into it of course and wheeled it, but came across a great deal on a 05 Lj. So in Feb 2012 I sold my Tj for $11,500 and bought the Lj for $12,000. The Lj was already lifted and had 35in tires and what not. So I spent a few grand and hooked it up even more(I will post pictures later in my build thread). After I was done with the Lj, I thought I was done and was gonna keep it forever. Then about two weeks ago, my wife and I were on youtube and came across some Project Jk videos. After a few hours of watching all the videos we decided we had to have one! So I sold the Lj for $18,000 on Friday, seached for a few days, and came across an 08 Jk Rubicon that had 65,000 miles on it. Went to to the dealer yesterday and after a few hours of wheelin and dealin we finally brought her home. Hope everyone enjoys the build!

My Tj when I first bought it

Before I sold it in Feb 2012

My Lj when I first bought it

Before I sold it on Friday

And Finally here is my Jk!

Last edited by pbucc13rubi; 11-18-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Getting ready to take off the silver decals. Just ordered black decals to replace them. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll order a 4in lift, along with wheels and 35in tires. Then later down the road get bumpers, winch, gears, etc.... Don't know what lift to get, but I'm sure I'll figure it out after doing some research on the forum! I will post pictures tomorrow of the Jeep without the decals!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good man, I'm sure once your done it'll look sick, I like your builds, lots of good jk owners here in AZ, very helpful.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are all really nice Jeeps !!!

And, is that a Prowler in the garage??
Old 07-12-2012, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RufusTheTank
Looks good man, I'm sure once your done it'll look sick, I like your builds, lots of good jk owners here in AZ, very helpful.
Thanks man! Can't wait to get started!

Originally Posted by texwillys
Those are all really nice Jeeps !!!

And, is that a Prowler in the garage??
Thanks man! Yeah, that's my 02 Chysler Prowler. Here's a few of pictures of it

And here's a picture of the Jeep without the decals. The black ones should be in next week

Old 07-12-2012, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

is your favorite color red by any chance? lol and a 4 inch lift might be a little much for only 35s
Old 07-12-2012, 10:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kyle521
is your favorite color red by any chance? lol and a 4 inch lift might be a little much for only 35s
Haha! That's what everyone keeps askin me. On all three Jeeps, I got great deals on them, and they all happen to be red lol! Yeah, I was doing some research and just realized you can run 37's on a 4in lift. Still can't decide on a lift though. I was leaning towards the 3.5in Rock Krawler Mid Arm but I'm still looking. I don't want to get a crazy expensive lift, but I don't want to get a crappy one either. Of course all the good ones are expensive. When I had my tj I put a 4in lift on it and it handled and performed like crap, so I had put another lift on it. Don't wanna go through that again! So any suggestions would be sweet!
Old 07-15-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think I'm gonna go with the 4in Teraflex lift. Gonna contact 4 Wheel Parts tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it in sometime this week!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Nice choice in color.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Napalm
Nice choice in color.
Thanks! Same to you!

Quick Reply: 08 Red JKU Rubicon