Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

08 4-door JK ~VS~ A drunk in a Durango...

Old 01-26-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BASTURDS
Old 01-26-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Laughingstok
Too bad the drunk didn't die. :(

They always survive and kill others.

Very glad you guys made it out ok!
Shame on you. Yes a lot of drunks kill people and live but you shouldn't wish them dead. Thank God every one is alright.

Howdy
Old 01-26-2008, 08:25 PM
JK Freak

Damn, glad to hear you were all able to walk away.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Just hope the drunk doesn't try to sue you for the damages to his vehicle.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Even so, neither vehicle looks that bad. The jeep has some serious body damage, but the durango doesn't look too hurt...
'Neither vehicle looks that bad'???

My wife's Honda CR-V recently got hit by a motorcycle. I would have sworn that a couple days in the shop and it would have been good as new...$8000 worth of estimate later they totalled it...I guarantee that hers looked nothing like either of the vehicles here, especially the JK...

REDR0CKJK, I hope everything works out ok, that all are able to recover from this jerk's idiotic decision to drive impaired, and you get your JK and your well being back intact...

Last edited by glwood6; 01-26-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glwood6
'Neither vehicle looks that bad'???

My wife's Honda CR-V recently got hit by a motorcycle. I would have sworn that a couple days in the shop and it would have been good as new...$8000 worth of estimate later they totalled it...I guarantee that hers looked nothing like either of the vehicles here, especially the JK...

REDR0CKJK, I hope everything works out ok, that all are able to recover from this jerk's idiotic decision to drive impaired, and you get your JK and your well being back intact...
I'm saying this a few months after being in a 3 car pile up. I was in the fast lane on 95, doing about 75. The guy in front of me SLAMMED on his brakes, and I followed suit. The woman behind me slammed on her brakes as well, but the A-hole behind her rammed into her. I was by then slowed to about 25mph (it was traffic congestion causing the immediate stopping). I heard her car get crunched, looked in my rear view and saw a woman with a look of shock flying towards me.

The impact from the driver behind her caused her to release her brakes, driving underneath my pickup, doing about 55mph. I blacked out real quick at that point as my head rest slammed into the rear of my head. The guy who started the accident, finished it off, by hammering into her a second time (he clipped her at the right half of her car, as he was swirving around us all.

I'm just saying, I've seen accidents a lot worse. Where my trailer hitch was in a woman's windsheild, and her engine was in her foot well.

Everybody walked away, though. And with a twisted frame, junked bed, ruined rear axle, etc, I didn't get totaled. (I fought for months... didn't get it, so I had her fixed up and bought my JK to replace it)
Old 01-27-2008, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to see your Jeep get torn up up so needlessly
Old 01-27-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad you are OK...sorry I missed this thread until now. Hope everything turns out OK. Good Luck!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll keep your recovery in my prayers.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:34 PM
JK Newbie

I'm glad everyone is ok.

For your sake, I hope they total it so you can get that yellow rubi. If not, don't forget to demand diminished value as part of the settlement. If the insurance doesn't pay diminished value, the drunk should...

Also, hold out on the Medical releases until the auto stuff is settled. They will definately try to get you to sign a release on all medical issues before the auto damage is settled. Sadly, your injuries are also your leverage.

Don't you hate the fact that everything now days has to be thought of in terms of legal strategy?

Quick Reply: 08 4-door JK ~VS~ A drunk in a Durango...