Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

08 4-door JK ~VS~ A drunk in a Durango...

Old 01-24-2008, 05:33 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, glad everyone walked away. I hope there are no lingering after effects. neck/spinal injuries are the worst.

I dont give two sh%#@ about the drunk, he forwent any sympathy from me when he got in and turned the key.

Actually, i dont care about the Jeep either. like was said above, it did it's job of protecting those inside, Jeeps can be replaced. people cannot.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to make light of the situation, and I'm very happy to hear that everyone is mostly ok, but if they do total your JK - try to keep tabs on whats going on with it and who buys it from the insurance company (or possibly see if you can buy it back from them). If the front end was untouched, you could have a treasure trove of parts for cheap on your hands.

Hopefully they'll make it right.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

matt... i hate to see that... hope everyone is recovering well... if you need a good PI lawyer... come see me.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

85mph and no fire? No one dead? You guys were able to walk back to his Dodge? I think that says a hell of a lot about the JK frame... glad you're all ok and recovering. I hate to say it, but at 85mph your Jeep is totaled.

I hope that he has insurance enough to cover your new vehicle and your medical costs.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 AM
JK Freak

You might be in trouble for keeping your soft top in while the hard top was on. Glad your all OK. That has to be freightning and disappointing - sounds like a serious hit. Maybe you can get them to pay for a JK rental while you wait for a fix or a new one....
Old 01-24-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dayton1999
85mph and no fire? No one dead? You guys were able to walk back to his Dodge? I think that says a hell of a lot about the JK frame... glad you're all ok and recovering. I hate to say it, but at 85mph your Jeep is totaled.

I hope that he has insurance enough to cover your new vehicle and your medical costs.
The durango was 85ish... the jeep was 50ish. SO it's like a 35mph hit.

Even so, neither vehicle looks that bad. The jeep has some serious body damage, but the durango doesn't look too hurt...
Old 01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deadspot
You might be in trouble for keeping your soft top in while the hard top was on.
Why? Don't they all come with both tops on when you buy it? I know ours did...
Old 01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for making it out to tell the tale. Really sorry to hear about it.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you everyone for your comments and concerns...
I am currently looking at and considering a Detonator Yellow 4-door RUBICON...
As far as my JK?.... i don't know what's gonna happen yet...
We'll just have to wait it out and see...
Old 01-24-2008, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayland1985
The durango was 85ish... the jeep was 50ish. SO it's like a 35mph hit.

Even so, neither vehicle looks that bad. The jeep has some serious body damage, but the durango doesn't look too hurt...
They are both VERY bad... his was creamed all the way into his door on the passenger side which was warped and his motor was busted up and leaking oil and lots of other fluids... as for mine there's not a thing other than the front fenders, hood and internals that are okay... and there were two impacts. So it's like getting hit twice at 35 +/-...

Quick Reply: 08 4-door JK ~VS~ A drunk in a Durango...