Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

08 4-door JK ~VS~ A drunk in a Durango...

Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes.... looks like there's no frame damage though. The trailer hitch still looks straight (When My pickup was rear ended... after i drove off the lady, my hitch was just about 45*)
Old 01-23-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you and everyone else in your Jeep makes a full recovery.
The law is on your side, but its a bummer regardless.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:30 PM
JK Junkie

Glad to hear there are no serious injuries. I got hit back in August (what allowed me to get the Jeep) I was stopped (Ford Focus) and she was doing 30 in a Nissan Titan. Car was totalled but I walked away with minor injuries to my wrist. 20 years ago a wreck like that may have taken someones life, thank goodness for many of the new safety percausions. Sure it has lead to more cars being totalled, but that means they take the impact and not us. Whether your Jeep is totalled or not, at least it appears to have done it's job and crumples where it was supposed to.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those back hits are deadly, about 3 months ago a guy in a nissan sentra hitted us in the back. i was driving my wive´s jeep liberty and she was with me. she ended up wearing that hard thing on the neck(don´t know how to say it in english); for a month and a half.... her neck isn´t 100% yet

hope everybody who was in the unlimited is ok
Old 01-23-2008, 10:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Thank God no one was seriously injured. Once again a Jeep gave it's life to save the occupants. It did it's job and did it well. In the past few years I have been in 2 rear end collisions. The first was in my son's JK and it was totaled by a pick up truck driven by a guy that was looking at the scenery. The second one was in our WJ in Santa Fe when a young fellow in a souped up Chevy decided to roar up onto our tail just as we had to stop for a red light. The nose of his car went under our skid plates and his car was totaled and looked like an elephant sat on the hood. Our Jeep suffered a few minor injuries but was easily fixed. In both accidents everyone was ok. Both Jeeps again did their job and protected the occupants. I love Jeeps! I love skid plates!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I seriously think I would have pulled him out of the Durango and beat the crap out of him. Idiot could have killed somebody.

You'll likely end up with a new Jeep out of it. So what color are you thinking about getting?
Old 01-24-2008, 04:10 AM
JK Freak

Matt,

Did you find a rubi yesterday?
Old 01-24-2008, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about that. I'm glad noone was killed or seriously injured, except for the jeep...
Old 01-24-2008, 05:11 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REDR0CKJK
Got hit TWICE in the rear by a drunk driver while goin 50 m.p.h....
The police say he was going AT LEAST 35 m.p.h. faster than me... so he hit me goin about 85.... and then he hit me again...
Damn. I'm glad you're alright.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

God Damn That Sucks

Quick Reply: 08 4-door JK ~VS~ A drunk in a Durango...