Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

03HDFB's 2011 Sahara Project 6 Sp

Old 09-26-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tom Woods Drive Shafts

My stock drive shafts were fine with the 4" Superlift until I went off-road in Moab. The front suspension did a lot more traveling than normal, especially with the sway bar disconnected, and the stock CV gave out. Still drivable, but the boot gave out and was spitting grease. I ended up switching out both drive shafts with Tom Woods. They've been working great so far, but I haven't had them long enough for a good review. The one thing I noticed the day the drive shafts were installed was that my steering wheel wasn't shaking at 45mph anymore. The Tom Woods site said a common problem with stock driveshafts and a 4" lift is too much driveshaft angle on the front can make it vibrate. I thought my wheels were out of balance. I was wrong. It was the driveshaft. Here's a little video of my Jeep in Moab earlier this year http://www.youtube.com/user/nofreeri.../9/wl35BTP9A0o
Old 09-26-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Freak

Are you on the LX Forums? Ever take the Chally to any of the Hemi Shootouts? Maybe I know you?

BTW...Nice Jeep
If you're thinking about swapping the motor, why not swap fopr the HEMI?
Old 09-27-2011, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK Dude
My stock drive shafts were fine with the 4" Superlift until I went off-road in Moab. The front suspension did a lot more traveling than normal, especially with the sway bar disconnected, and the stock CV gave out. Still drivable, but the boot gave out and was spitting grease. I ended up switching out both drive shafts with Tom Woods. They've been working great so far, but I haven't had them long enough for a good review. The one thing I noticed the day the drive shafts were installed was that my steering wheel wasn't shaking at 45mph anymore. The Tom Woods site said a common problem with stock driveshafts and a 4" lift is too much driveshaft angle on the front can make it vibrate. I thought my wheels were out of balance. I was wrong. It was the driveshaft. Here's a little video of my Jeep in Moab earlier this year http://www.youtube.com/user/nofreeri.../9/wl35BTP9A0o
Hey Bro....Is that You! I gotta get some new DS'e soon.. Hey Come on over....Got the Jeep Today!
G
Old 09-27-2011, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1BAMFR
Are you on the LX Forums? Ever take the Chally to any of the Hemi Shootouts? Maybe I know you?

BTW...Nice Jeep
If you're thinking about swapping the motor, why not swap fopr the HEMI?

Oh Yeah....LxForums and Challengertalk!!! Same Name....Held a few of the 1/4 mile titles and plan on getting a few more here soon! I think I posted your vid in this thread! I do a ton with CAM (CTP)
Hemi?? thought about it for some time! I didn't want to wait till 2012.....Had I....I would have got the NAG1 tranny and I know it would hold up to the
TQ. My issue is.....
1. I bought the Jeep for my Wife
2. The TQ in the Hemi is way more than the rest of the Jeep Drive train can handle
- The motor swap is relatively Cheep,,,,but thats just the start!!

I think the TQ and HP of the Pentastar is a great match for the Jeep Drive Train....The rest of the mods to the Drive train can
be done for Longgevtity for wheelin.......Little at a time!

Last edited by 03HDFB; 09-27-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 03HDFB
Hey Bro....Is that You! I gotta get some new DS'e soon.. Hey Come on over....Got the Jeep Today!
G
I just reached in your Jeep and turned the lights on. Those HID's look awesome! Fogs and headlights, sweet!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Unforgivable
Has anyone ever had their hard top painted seperately to match their jeep color? Wonder how much it would run...
I just had my hardtop painted....It was over a G....Inside and out, sanded smooth exterior...

Old 09-27-2011, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Oh Yeah....LxForums and Challengertalk!!! Same Name....Held a few of the 1/4 mile titles and plan on getting a few more here soon! I think I posted your vid in this thread! I do a ton with CAM (CTP)
Awesome, Nice to see a fellow SRT8'er with a JK as well!

That video is Chris in Florida...426 Twin Turbo w/ NOS

Here's a vid of mine...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...805_183955.mp4

Same run, Just different camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6lZ-gd5PmQ
Old 09-27-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome, Nice to see a fellow SRT8'er with a JK as well!

That video is Chris in Florida...426 Twin Turbo w/ NOS

Here's a vid of mine...

Same run, Just different camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6lZ-gd5PmQ

Sweet.......I've watched that Vid a Ton!!! Nice to meet ya! I've been working with Builder Bill for quite some time too.....Pretty excited to see they thru the Nag1 into the JK.
That is One sweet Grand C. Who did your turbo's?
I finished up a build for a buddy KB and inertia 426 with all the goodies
http://www.lxforums.com/board/f103/p...g-life-261894/ Lost about 2 months waiting for replacement axles from Bill, but hope to hit the track soon.
I'd like to do a Twin T next....much more functional on the street with tons of power at the track. I can't say it enough....Love Your Ride!!
G
Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just had my hardtop painted....It was over a G....Inside and out, sanded smooth exterior...

Would like to see the details on your build....Def the interior!!
Thanks
G
Old 09-27-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

Sweet.......I've watched that Vid a Ton!!! Nice to meet ya! I've been working with Builder Bill for quite some time too.....Pretty excited to see they thru the Nag1 into the JK.
That is One sweet Grand C. Who did your turbo's?
I finished up a build for a buddy KB and inertia 426 with all the goodies
http://www.lxforums.com/board/f103/p...g-life-261894/ Lost about 2 months waiting for replacement axles from Bill, but hope to hit the track soon.
I'd like to do a Twin T next....much more functional on the street with tons of power at the track. I can't say it enough....Love Your Ride!!
G
Yes, Bill is the man when it comes to the driveline stuff as well as his ridiculous customer service.

The build thread on the LX site is NASTY!

Stage 6 Motorsports in florida did the Turbo kit on it. It's a single 76mm Precision Turbo with a front mount. At the track I run about 18# Boost.

If you want to go turbos, Take it Stage6..top quality shop.

I had the Vortech Supercharger too, Comparing the 2 ...the Turbo is much better for daily use!

Awesome meeting you bro!

Quick Reply: 03HDFB's 2011 Sahara Project 6 Sp