Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

$60k AEV Rubicon at the dealer

Old 01-13-2013, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was way tougher than it looked! Under the snow was ice and it was the drivers first time off-road in a very expensive new rig. He did well considering panicking and holding the brake would have caused thoudands of dollars of damage. When in that spot on the trail your instincts scream brakes but you have to let go!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

What size tires are those on the blue ones
Old 01-13-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Adds Up

Having primarily AEV stuff on my Jeep as well... I anxiously (slightly frightened) added up the AEV parts plus a $42,000 Jeep.

Without shipping, parts alone from AEV and $1500 for tires totaled ~13,254.

Add that to a 42K Jeep and you have about $55,254 in it total... So that leaves around $4,746 left for gears, labor, and shipping...

If you don't have the time, and I would guess most people who can buy $60K Jeeps don't, I would say it is worth it to buy one from a dealer...

Beautiful Jeep, by the way.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default to the guy who said we use gloves to air down

send me your video if your so bad try this with 60000 dollar rig yea I got a spotter http://youtu.be/V3NTZlV8-sI
Old 01-28-2013, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default Interior view of above video

http://youtu.be/Ge8E_FfDAg0
Old 01-28-2013, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, the log ride always gives a good pucker especially when your rear wheel first crosses the knot! Fun spot.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i could of missed something from the AEV website, but what the dealer is charging $18K, works out to be about $8-9K. Now I am sure the dealer is adding in installation cost. I could install most of that myself. I plan to use a lot of AEV products, like the bumpers, gas can (mount and forget), & ???. I will buy my Jeep just before retirement, so I will have the time to add what I want.

Last edited by NMBruce; 01-28-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quakecop
Say what you will I dont wipe my but with anything less than 50's just kidding . I have 5 kids ranging from 4 year old twins to 18 I dont have time to build one myself so It was perfect for me I see posts saying that you can build one for cheaper but a new Rubicon is around 40 to 43000 then you have to build it you can maybe save money on labor but ill take the 3 year 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty including all the AEV addons yes the suspension too. it had 24 miles on it when i picked it up and now it has 240 after driving back to NY. It drives very well no wander and is very smooth, actually feels better than the stock Rubicons I test drove. I have not gone off road with it yet but when i do I will let you know what i think. I traded in a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited sport that had a Rubicon Express 4.5 lift with 35's the ride was horrible and had major wander. My option was keep my 2010 and fix it up which would require me to replace the whole lift kit to keep me happy. or buy this one. I think I made the right choice. if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. But remember if you an build one for cheaper do it. There will always be better vehicles than yours and mine it is not a challenge to have the best we buy them and build them to have fun so have fun and maybe we will meet at the trail one day.
congrats on your new toy/DD

Quick Reply: $60k AEV Rubicon at the dealer