Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

$45 Off-road driving lights

Old 09-06-2007, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bcperry2000
i was thinking the same thing with some KC highlights on the stock bumper. how are they pilot offroad lights though? are they pretty bright at night or comparable to the headlights?
The pilot light are 55 watts and just a little brighter than stock fog lights. The KC product line is a better choice but almost twice the cost. I was looking for a costed effective alternitive. This mod can be accomplished with any brand aftermarket off-road light kit.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
i went with a pair of KCs the same way...

Looks great.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

relocated lights after adding winch. I attached them to the front of the winch plate.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

If you want to use the factory switch for larger wattage lights splice to wire to the switch side of the relay. Now when you hit the switch the relay closes and the power from the battery runs what ever wattage light you want. only issue is now the factory lights are on also.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rfrogman
relocated lights after adding winch. I attached them to the front of the winch plate.

Frogman, is that the stock bumper with the ends cut off? Did you finish it in any way?
RubiRedJK
Old 06-22-2008, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

RubiRedJK,

Yes, it is a stock bumper with end cap. It was one of the mods which I can't seem to find original write-up.

Quick Reply: $45 Off-road driving lights