Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

What equipment do you carry, and how?

Old 10-05-2012, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tych23
For starters I think I'm gunna purchase this .... So I have storage space, once I have that then I could fill it
The quality of the bags is pretty bad, the one with just my tow straps has already started splitting at the seams. The webbing that is attached to the tailgate, however, has held up really well. Not a big deal to find better quality/more functional bags at an Army surplus store.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Faria
The quality of the bags is pretty bad, the one with just my tow straps has already started splitting at the seams. The webbing that is attached to the tailgate, however, has held up really well. Not a big deal to find better quality/more functional bags at an Army surplus store.

I actually love mine. Had it on my older JK and it was the first thing I did when I got my 2012. The molle panel itself holds up really well. I haven't had any issues with the bags provided, but if it were a problem I'd swap to 5.11 tactical pouches. I'll have to take pictures of all the 5.11 crap I have inside my Jeep. You would think I was sponsored or something.

Last edited by B 1000; 10-05-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Junkie

Just got a new flashlight from Rigid, the dually light people...

It's fairly small, about the same as a two c cell maglight

It has a small rechargeable battery and puts out 800 lumen!

I can't wait to find a real need to use it, it's so bright they warn you that looking directly at it will cause permanent damage

Got it from David at northridge4x4

$100

Matthew
Old 10-10-2012, 10:31 PM
JK Newbie

My JK doesn't have much room left after all the camping gear, my cameras and photography equipment and my wife's luggage are loaded. So, I carry 3 or 4 different size flashlights, couple of combat knives, a Glock G17 9mm, some ropes and various bungee cords, flares, matches, lighters and a small first aid kit.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

Default then and now

With my '04 Unlimited I carried what has been discussed so far. In addition to that, I carried a bottle of Fireball Whiskey...you know to keep you warm. A bottle of jack Daniels...you know for friends. A disposable camera to capture the repairs (and what comes along with the Fireball that way the cell phones don't get wet or dropped. A tarp with some string to set up some shade if needed. NOW, with the 2012 JK Unlimited...I carry baby formula, diapers, wipes, Disney DVD's, binky's...you get the idea Well I still carry the Fireball. I really like the tailgate set up. I do carry my equipment in larger backpacks for ease of getting the items in and out. They are easy to tie down and secure during the runs.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

Bug spray. Nothing worse than being eaten alive while trying to fix or extract

Quick Reply: What equipment do you carry, and how?