Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Rugged Ridge hi-lift mount

Old 06-08-2010, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge hi-lift mount

I'm thinking of getting the Rugged Ridge tail gate mount, how does everyone like theres? I've got the 48" black hi-lift jack with the 'stamped' foot, I have the mount on the rear roll bar but I'm really not that happy with it, and having a 2dr, space is a premium. So what do ya'll think of it? how high does it stick up above the top? thanks in advance. and I promise I'll do a write up if i get one
Old 06-09-2010, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

Very satisfied

I put a rubber to remove the vibrations

I removed the metal bar of the hi-lift (because of the vibrations)

You can put a padlock

I made a hole in the bottom of the mount, and the hi-lift is fixed with a big sheet metal screw, therefore it doesn't move anymore.

I had a crappy model before the Rugged-Ridge, but I don't know if I can tell the name of the manufacturer in this forum

Last edited by JKU Rubicon; 06-09-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the tips, I was thinking about cutting up a an old mouse pad and glueing it to the base and getting one of those poly bushing things to help with the rattles. sounds like you're satisfied with the product over all. any one else have anything to add? how far does it stick up over the top? do you run into probs with garages or trees?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jku rubicon
very satisfied

i put a rubber to remove the vibrations

i removed the metal bar of the hi-lift (because of the vibrations)

you can put a padlock

i made a hole in the bottom of the mount, and the hi-lift is fixed with a big sheet metal screw, therefore it doesn't move anymore.

I had a crappy model before the rugged-ridge, but i don't know if i can tell the name of the manufacturer in this forum
....rampage
Old 06-09-2010, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

just ordered it today and an isolator fo the handle. I'll be doing a write up as soon as it gets here and I can start working on it. I have heard lots of bad/mixed reviews about the Rampage mount, and I figured that the few extra bucks for anything well made is money well spent. Jim at Discount Jeep was very helpful and had the parts in stock and in hand by the time we were done on the phone.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

friend had this break and drag the jack on the highway by the padlock he had on the base. we've since revised it with a stock rubicon front sway bar endlink to hold the top. Much more HD than plastic knobs and such
Old 06-10-2010, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
friend had this break and drag the jack on the highway by the padlock he had on the base. we've since revised it with a stock rubicon front sway bar endlink to hold the top. Much more HD than plastic knobs and such
WOW, i was planning on reviewing the plastic knobs and mounting hardware and making adjustments as needed. Good to know an area to keep an eye on. Thanks for the tip
Old 06-11-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by geebee
....rampage
Exactly; I lost my money
Old 06-11-2010, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Old 06-12-2010, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

pics coming as soon as the mount gets to my door. I'm thinking that it'll be on my door step around weds. the only problem is that the jack is at my inlaws place :( had to leave it there when we brought back a ton-o-stuff and had to leave it behind. It's coming back soon though.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge hi-lift mount