Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Mud - How to try and keep it off????

Old 05-31-2009, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, it really isn't worth the work . . . the mud . . . Stuck my 07 unlimited on the first day off the lot. I've now got a Black Sahara 2dr (new). I'm really thinking of goin poser style sepped for the dry technical stuff. Maybe I'll stick a can of sPam ( lol) in the lil cubby trunk for "just in case" i get challenged as a Poser!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I h8s the Mud 2,...but up here, you either drive through it or you just stay home...

I've tried the PAM thing once on my tow-rig, worked ok for the mud but it's great to spray on the grill, makes getting the smashed bugs off way easier
Old 06-08-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

LOL... one of the only times I've gone out to have some fun, my buddy and I found some seriously ugly clay-mud in the back of a new residential development... Wow, what a mess... the clay stained the tires a weird shade of blue and it took 10 dollars to get it half decently clean. I say I won't due it again, but that's a straight out lie.

Pam is actually a really good idea, and being vegetable based, it certainly won't hurt any rubber components should it come in contact with them. Silicone spray would work just as well I guess, but man... that stuff costs the coin.

Just a little fact for everyone here, if you've ever wondered what WD-40 actually stands for.

Water Displacement 40th Attempt

It took the buggers 40 tries to achieve the proper mixture for what they were trying to make... turns out it's a great lubricant and a penetrator. Someone had me convinced it worked until the temperature reached -40... turns out it sucks at about -20.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

But then again, cleaning the mud off doesn't have to be bad....

Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Wow.. I'm gonna go find me some mud!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

I wonder if they clean the under carriage?
Old 06-12-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
I wonder if they clean the under carriage?
Heck, I'd do the headlights and hood if they'd to the undercarriage

Otherwise, PAM sounds like an interesting route. I like using Boeing's T-9 myself.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

MUST...TRY... TO... CONCENTRATE...ON....JEEP....AND... NOT... PICTURES...

Anyway, i was told that the wheel sensors can be cleaned at the contacts. that it's two magnets that collect dirt between them. easily cleaned. Or so I was told (by a Jeep dealer employee).

Just fyi.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you stop and think about it.....mud's really not such a bad thing.................

Old 06-16-2009, 02:17 AM
JK Super Freak

everyone is forgetting the mechanical problems caused by mud like overheating because the mud plugged up the radiator and the electric fan and guess what the stealership wont cover a cracked head or a fucked up fan because you played in the mud. it gets stuck between the ac cooler and the radiator and its like concrete and pulling the two items to clean is a mofo!!!! It just aint worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Mud - How to try and keep it off????