Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Mud - How to try and keep it off????

Old 01-28-2009, 01:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get back on the topic guys! Mud is not for everyone lets just leave it at that!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

i use Iopne Renovator on my ATV and on my Jeep, non-greasy or oily and the mud just don't stick to this
it's by far the best product i tried to get my ATV clean after a day of mudding

Old 01-28-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toad
I have deleted a few posts in this thread. Please try to refrain from personal attacks people. This will not be tolerated.
my post? I don;t think I made an attack? Sometimes I lack that filter that goes between the brain and the mouth. It usually catches things before my keyboard gets it. I just stated fact that he affirmed I think? Eh I don;t remember even what I said. Hope I didn't offend anyone like Rick Rolled offended me.

So anyway. Mud sucks... Does Veggie oil really keep it away? I would rather play on the rocks personally than slide in the goo. Sometimes you cannot avoid a big pit of sludge, and I wouldn't mind Pamming up.

So here are my questions... If you spay Pam on your paint, will you lose your paint? How far in advance do you need to spray it? Does it need to be wet or do you need to let it dry? I think Pam dries some after it sits. Who all has used this tactic and how has there been any long term effects. Howe long have you used this tactic. I hate mud.... this may be what I need. I thought at one point about trying to use some of that liquid masking tape painters use. lol. too expensive though.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

PAM is the solution i use it quite often and it does not make rubber sweell and its pretty cheap
Old 01-29-2009, 05:39 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
my post? I don;t think I made an attack? Sometimes I lack that filter that goes between the brain and the mouth. It usually catches things before my keyboard gets it. I just stated fact that he affirmed I think? Eh I don;t remember even what I said. Hope I didn't offend anyone like Rick Rolled offended me.

So anyway. Mud sucks... Does Veggie oil really keep it away? I would rather play on the rocks personally than slide in the goo. Sometimes you cannot avoid a big pit of sludge, and I wouldn't mind Pamming up.

So here are my questions... If you spay Pam on your paint, will you lose your paint? How far in advance do you need to spray it? Does it need to be wet or do you need to let it dry? I think Pam dries some after it sits. Who all has used this tactic and how has there been any long term effects. Howe long have you used this tactic. I hate mud.... this may be what I need. I thought at one point about trying to use some of that liquid masking tape painters use. lol. too expensive though.
Damn this site is getting way too serious, I feel as if the commies have already started censoring us! Big blue jk didn't attack me at all! Don't give in BigBlue, don't let them keep you from feeding the trolls!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ben
Damn this site is getting way too serious, I feel as if the commies have already started censoring us! Big blue jk didn't attack me at all! Don't give in BigBlue, don't let them keep you from feeding the trolls!

Well look at it like this, not everyone wants to read about your comments back and forth with eachother! So now is the time to get back on topic!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Old 01-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Well look at it like this, not everyone wants to read about your comments back and forth with eachother! So now is the time to get back on topic!

haha you contributed to the mayhem! Gotcha
Old 02-03-2009, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

In the army they had spray cans full of diesel to spray on the trucks then hit with water and it would not stick and come off I dont know that I would do that to my jeep though
Old 02-03-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Let's get a four-pack and head out to Durhamtown this Sunday...

Quick Reply: Mud - How to try and keep it off????