Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Mud - How to try and keep it off????

Old 01-26-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I absolutely hate mud... I love to ride on the trail and play on the rocks... but IMO rednecks can have the MUD. All your friends want to go mud, then it is time for clean-up and they all run away. That stuff is nasty, I dunno how you guys leave it on your rig all the time... eating away at your paint, rusting everything up! Yuck!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 12:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I absolutely hate mud... I love to ride on the trail and play on the rocks... but IMO rednecks can have the MUD. All your friends want to go mud, then it is time for clean-up and they all run away. That stuff is nasty, I dunno how you guys leave it on your rig all the time... eating away at your paint, rusting everything up! Yuck!!!
Cant tell me that this dont look fun...

Old 01-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Ben
JK Freak

careful, I don't make references to your breeding because you like to play on the rocks and don't ever want to get your manicured hands dirty in the mud. And you said the friends want to go through the mud and won't help you clean afterwards.... LOL you are weak! You are a girly man! Real men don't need friends! That is for metrosexuals.

I will agree that leaving mud on the vehicle for extended periods of time is damaging, but I have no problem with/actually enjoy cleaning up the rig the next day. Most people think I never go offroad when in fact if there is a mudhole, I am JUMPING IN WITH ALL FOUR FEET!

(after I probe the depth with a water fording stick!)
Old 01-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepin08
Cant tell me that this dont look fun...

hell yeah! i'd hit it.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:31 PM
JK Freak

Hmm this is getting interesting...

I have to admit that I stay clear from the mud MOST of the time. I hate it, and it just never seems worth it. BUT, I forget that from time to time and go hit some thick nasty stuff just to remind myself.

I do use WD40 on my fender wells, frame rails, steering arms, some of the undercarriage. Makes it look good when its clean, prevents rust (not a real prob out here in AZ) and helps the mud fall off.

Now, I will def give veg oil a shot just because of the price! Thanks for the tip.

...now back to you mud-slinging or mud-packing battle! Good stuff!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:33 AM
Ben
JK Freak

fun maybe... You will never get all the mud out though.

BenDover... How can someone with a brokeback mountain tag say anything about anyone being metrosexual or weak. I assume by that avatar you are a way out of the closet flamer? I guess yo do like it in the mud hole. Driven hard and rough in YOUR mud hole!
haha, if you don't get the mud out ur not doin it right! Check all underneath me, anywhere you want. I challenge you to find mud on my jeep!

To your other statements:

1. You got me on the BenDover thing (but I still think you are a meterosexual, which is half way there.)

2. The closet is for pussies

3. Your reference to hard and rough in my mud hole looks like text messages that I get from my bitch.

4. Learn to recognize a troll.

not a troll

troll

Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Ben
JK Freak

So... I am confused? Are you calling me a troll? Are you calling that guy a troll? I was right in my assumption about the closet, right... So what are you mad about? It was obvious you are gay... are you mad I called you a flamer or said you must be way out of the closet? Do you think it matters to me who/what you sleep with? You are out of the closet and don't like people talking about it? I dunno? I had a lot of gay friends when I lived in the keys, but not many anymore. You guys are so wishy washy about stuff. If your b/f calls you a Fag it is a cute pet name. If I call you a Fag it is offensive to you. You probably just assume because I am straight that I would like to crush your jaw on a street curb? right? I haven't met any gay guys that drive Jeeps though. I would have thought you to be a top until I saw that photo... So I guess I can;t read you guys. I did know a lesbian couple with a bad ass TJ.

Ok here is my list.

1. I am not bending over to look under your jeep to look for mud. I know how you guys feel about straight boys...
2. I couldn't care less about your closet status really, but that is great you are ok being you
3. Even though I am ok with homosexuality and have a few gay friends, I wish I hadn't said that about the mud hole, I really wish you hadn't *gag*
4. Is that you dressed up for American Idol? Please see above about troll inquest?
5. Are you done? Can we get back to jeep talk now?
lol you know more homo terms than I do, what is a top? and for all you who don't think fags drive jeeps, what do you say to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Jedi

ACK!!! Rick Rolled! Don't click it. Deff gay.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

so then veggie oil then huh? going to have to try that.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Ben
JK Freak

ACK!!! Rick Rolled! Don't click it. Deff gay.
hehe, I prefer to say rickTROLL'D!!!!

Quick Reply: Mud - How to try and keep it off????