Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Mud - How to try and keep it off????

Old 01-14-2009, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i avoid mud thats my trick
Old 01-14-2009, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by White Widow
i avoid mud thats my trick
x2--but very interesting use of veggie spray!--I have high blood pressure, should I use low cholesterol?
Old 01-16-2009, 04:37 AM
JK Freak

"Pam" does a nice job for me too...

Hi Pam
Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Think "Pam" will work for me too!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

What ever you DO, make sure if you have an 08-09 Jeep, that after going through mud, you rinse out the WHEEL SENSORS. I ran the 4 Wheel course at Gorman, CA and then ended up at the dealership, fighting to have the wheel sensors replaced under warranty. I must have spend 2-hours blasting off ALL the mud and dirt and I was NEVER TOLD about these sensors. When the fair, ALL your warning light come on and stay ON. Computer failure, ABS, EPS. I had to pay $80 and Chrysler paid the additional $90. WHO KNEW....... I told the 800 customer service, that I used my Jeep as it was intended for and they told me that over 90% of all Jeeps sold, never hit the dirt. So I kindly told them, that I am that small percentage and I feel that I was responsible and used it just the way their ads and TRAIL ratings says too.

Does ANYONE know of "any other part" that I need to look at while cleaning?

Will the PAM work in this Sensor area at the weeks.

Also I was told to use HOT water and high pressure, not cold water from my garden hose.....
Old 01-18-2009, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

i usually let one of my buddies ride with me and that way they get to help clean the jeep at the end of the day
Old 01-18-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crawl the malls?
Old 01-18-2009, 05:42 PM
CJK
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the wheel wells simply let it dry completely and then slap each fender a few times and it all falls right out. Don't do this in your driveway, visit one of your buds and do it in his driveway!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by beadbus
What ever you DO, make sure if you have an 08-09 Jeep, that after going through mud, you rinse out the WHEEL SENSORS. I ran the 4 Wheel course at Gorman, CA and then ended up at the dealership, fighting to have the wheel sensors replaced under warranty. I must have spend 2-hours blasting off ALL the mud and dirt and I was NEVER TOLD about these sensors. When the fair, ALL your warning light come on and stay ON. Computer failure, ABS, EPS. I had to pay $80 and Chrysler paid the additional $90. WHO KNEW....... I told the 800 customer service, that I used my Jeep as it was intended for and they told me that over 90% of all Jeeps sold, never hit the dirt. So I kindly told them, that I am that small percentage and I feel that I was responsible and used it just the way their ads and TRAIL ratings says too.

Does ANYONE know of "any other part" that I need to look at while cleaning?

Will the PAM work in this Sensor area at the weeks.

Also I was told to use HOT water and high pressure, not cold water from my garden hose.....
damn! Jk forum.... this is srs business!

Old 01-19-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben
damn! Jk forum.... this is srs business!
Hahahahahaha.

Quick Reply: Mud - How to try and keep it off????