Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

After wheeling maintenance????

Old 12-02-2009, 08:41 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bean69
Thanks. All great suggestions. I also noticed, when I'm maintaining my speed by hitting the gas slightly I get a slight grinding/vibrating it seems to be coming form the front. Any Ideas?
More than likely...mud/sand/rock caught between your brake pad and brake rotor! Use a powerwasher and try to spray in at the caliper to see if you can loosen it up. If it grinds for more than a day take your tire off and check your pads and rotors for any abnormal wear and at this point you can give it a good cleaning!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. Thanks. Will try that today after work.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:16 AM
JK Freak

You may want to check the bolts on your suspension also just to make sure nothing came loose from wheeling. Probably do not have to do this evewrytime but would be good to be done every few times depending on how hard you wheeled it.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Red
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rubious
i do all the above, and take a can of spray paint to cover up all the places i may have scrapped paint off the frame, skids, axles, etc, just to keep surface rust from becoming a bigger issue.

also a good way to clean underneith if you don't have time is put a sprinkler underneith the jeep to get a lot of the stuff off before you to through and wash it
That sprinkler idea is a good one. I will definately have to try that.

When I get off the trail, I air back up, rinse the underside of the Jeep off paying special attention to all the parts that can move or have bolts in them. Depending on how much mud, I rinse off the engine as well, especially the radiator. Then I crawl underneath and check to make sure everything is there, nothing is broken, and everything is tight. If something is wrong, I try to fix it on the spot or decide if I should fix it at home. I top off the fluids if necessary and depending on where I was, drain and replace the diff fluid. After getting home, and the Jeep is all cleaned up, I do all the checks again.

Quick Reply: After wheeling maintenance????