Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

2012 JKU White Walker Build

Old 03-26-2024, 05:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,691 Posts

I would be really curious what you come up with for the spare tire mount in the cab. Kinda hard to see how 37 will fit via rollbar/clamp/dom mount. My situation is a little different cuz I have a "trunk" structure that is ~5" above the actual floor. I built a very simple, but similar, mount to what you are thinking for longer trips using dom and flatstock to mount to the tub threads where the hard top mounts. One downside to this is I can only use it with soft top cuz with the hard top on I can't physically get the mount IN the jeep.....and obviously can't put the hard top on with the mount already installed. The problem I'd see with rollbar idea is that the tire is just too large. I even had to install an Excessive Industries "40 bar" to replace my rear cross-member to get a tiny bit more clearance.

Picture off their website with a 40. Mine ended up looking similar with a 37 cuz of my "trunk".

Anyhow, you have a great build thread going and I'm really interested in what you come up with for a spare mount! Maybe you're thinking of it just being a top-off thing??
Old 06-18-2024, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cut about 5" off the bottom of the bumper. Put an RPM aluminum tie rod on and ditched the stock rubicon sway bar for an Antirock one.

Old 08-26-2024, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Put Motobilt sliders & diff covers on, built me some fire extinguisher mounts, Installed hood louver & deleted the rubber bumpers & footmans loop.

Old 08-26-2024, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 133 Likes on 119 Posts

Awesome! Quite the transformation.
Old 08-31-2024, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Finally got around to mounting the spare in the back.

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU White Walker Build