Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

2010 JKU Sport “build thread”.....

Old 04-02-2020, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Thank you, I have been looking at those but wasn't sure if they'd work without the anti- flicker harness. They were just plug and play for you?
Yes. Right out of the box, plug and play! No issues. No condensation. Etc. Very happy with them for the money.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Speaking of lighting....

This thing already had these aftermarket led taillights when I bought it. They look like JW Speaker but don't say “JW Speaker” on them. I’ve researched and determined they may be DV8 Off-road taillights.

Either way, they cause the turn signals to hyper flash. What’s the best way to remedy this...?!?

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2020, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You'll need to add resistors to kill the hyper flash.

Thank you for the feedback on the lights, I'll have to get a set.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
You'll need to add resistors to kill the hyper flash.

Thank you for the feedback on the lights, I'll have to get a set.

Ok, thanks. I suppose you need a resistor for EACH taillight ??? I’ve never messed with led bulbs in my other vehicles turn signals.

These should work...!?!

Old 04-02-2020, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Yeah, one for each tail light. You can get those Sylvania ones or the cheaper version. Just be sure that you mount them against some metal because they do get hot.
The following users liked this post:
Wilk10JK (04-03-2020)
Old 01-24-2022, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Long time no update:

Not too much to add I guess!?! Added the matching full-size spare awhile back. Added Quadratec floor liners throughout. Tossed in a set of smoked LED turn signals and fender marker lights. And, when it needed attention…. New Powerstop rotors and pads. Also, I picked up a like-new, used OEM soft top late in the Fall. So, I’m anxious to get that on when the weather warms back up!

Next on the “wanted” list…. I’d like to add a 2.5”
lift kit in place of the current Teraflex leveling kit (2”/1”). Leaning towards a Teraflex 2.5” kit due to trying not to replace the 295/70/17s yet. And, not ready to regear for 315s/35s yet.

Is the 2.5” Teraflex gonna be enough to gain maybe an additional 1” of height over my current 2” spacer and worn stock 160k springs? Or, not? I’ve read of guys getting 3” out of them….. then the next person says they sagged and only netted 2” over stock?!?

My “plan” was add the Teraflex 2.5” kit and, if needed to gain the desired height, add one of my 1” Teraflex spacers back in. I do want it to sit level front to back, no rake, no sag. Ideally, be 1” taller than it is now.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:52 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,945 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilk10JK
Is the 2.5” Teraflex gonna be enough to gain maybe an additional 1” of height over my current 2” spacer and worn stock 160k springs? Or, not? I’ve read of guys getting 3” out of them….. then the next person says they sagged and only netted 2” over stock?!?

My “plan” was add the Teraflex 2.5” kit and, if needed to gain the desired height, add one of my 1” Teraflex spacers back in. I do want it to sit level front to back, no rake, no sag. Ideally, be 1” taller than it is now.
It is really hard to go by peoples' comments online about a lot of spring related heights/sags due to so many different variables from jeep to jeep. It is highly likely you will see more than 2.5" actual lift height considering it doesn't look like you have a ton of additional weight. It's hard to determine when people report sagging, how much is due to everything else they've added. Worse comes to worse, you add the small spacers to level as you suggest. I think Daystar even makes some 3/4" ones if you needed smaller. It seems you're pretty concerned with rake, so just keep in mind about anything you do in the future is going to keep that a moving target. IE, remove the hard top and that is less weight in the back. Swap bumpers and you've changed that equation again. The jeep is looking good
Wilk10JK (01-24-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
It is really hard to go by peoples' comments online about a lot of spring related heights/sags due to so many different variables from jeep to jeep. It is highly likely you will see more than 2.5" actual lift height considering it doesn't look like you have a ton of additional weight. It's hard to determine when people report sagging, how much is due to everything else they've added. Worse comes to worse, you add the small spacers to level as you suggest. I think Daystar even makes some 3/4" ones if you needed smaller. It seems you're pretty concerned with rake, so just keep in mind about anything you do in the future is going to keep that a moving target. IE, remove the hard top and that is less weight in the back. Swap bumpers and you've changed that equation again. The jeep is looking good

Yep! I understand everyone’s Jeep is setup different and with the added weight of aftermarket bumpers, steps, tire carriers, etc.. or even just the lack of my hardtop in favor of the soft top will change the overall height.

Just hoping the 2.5” will be “enough”…. Instead of wishing I’d gone 3” right off the bat.

I do plan to add bumpers someday. But, I won’t be getting carried away with armor, skid plates, etc. Hope to keep the “sag” to a minimum.
Old 01-24-2022, 06:36 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,945 Likes on 1,702 Posts

In the couple years you've had the jeep I'm sure you've run across various posts talking about caster. Since you are talking about at least a 2.5" lift, just keep in mind that you'll need to correct your caster after the suspension lift. You may pay attention to how various kits do or do not address this. Control arm brackets are a nice option if you don't end up with adjustable arms. Just something to keep in mind when looking.

Also, similar to the rake, keep in mind that the axles being dead center under the jeep horizontally impacts body lean side to side. I bring that up cuz as the suspension goes up the axles shift and are only centered perfectly with adjustable track bars. In the rear, most kits will simply have a raised axle-side bracket. A lot of times that is enough, sometimes might have to still buy an adjustable rear TB. Most 2.5" kits are going to come with a new adjustable front TB. Food for thought.
Wilk10JK (01-24-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
In the couple years you've had the jeep I'm sure you've run across various posts talking about caster. Since you are talking about at least a 2.5" lift, just keep in mind that you'll need to correct your caster after the suspension lift. You may pay attention to how various kits do or do not address this. Control arm brackets are a nice option if you don't end up with adjustable arms. Just something to keep in mind when looking.

Also, similar to the rake, keep in mind that the axles being dead center under the jeep horizontally impacts body lean side to side. I bring that up cuz as the suspension goes up the axles shift and are only centered perfectly with adjustable track bars. In the rear, most kits will simply have a raised axle-side bracket. A lot of times that is enough, sometimes might have to still buy an adjustable rear TB. Most 2.5" kits are going to come with a new adjustable front TB. Food for thought.
Yes! Thank you!

I've been researching and trying to decide my best route to go. Probably going on a more “budget friendly” start with a “basic” 2.5” Teraflex kit and adding options as I feel it becomes necessary.

Quick Reply: 2010 JKU Sport “build thread”.....