Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Xrc8 help? Does the ground wire have to go to the battery?

Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xrc8 help? Does the ground wire have to go to the battery?

The directions say the battery leads are 72" and only the power is. The ground is maybe 3' at most. Where do you guys run your grounds?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can ground to any metal attached to the chassis as long as the wire is no more than 18inches long. However! If you are grounding from the battery then u an make it as long as it needs to be!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:06 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same problem with mine it came too short. I called the place I got it from (local) and they opened another one and gave me the ground wire out of it. Mine was 2' shorter than the power wire. looks like you too got one made from the end of the wire spool!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks everyone! I found a new route for the wife straight through the engine bay. Made me nervous at first but I have so many zip ties on it, that it'll never hit anything or be near the heat. Only took a few hours lol.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKmudslinger09
Thanks everyone! I found a new route for the wife straight through the engine bay. Made me nervous at first but I have so many zip ties on it, that it'll never hit anything or be near the heat. Only took a few hours lol.
Please read that again, very slowly. Funny s$@t!!

Quick Reply: Xrc8 help? Does the ground wire have to go to the battery?