Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

WTB Subwoofer for 2010 JK Rubicon Unlimited mygig

Old 02-04-2011, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info Needed - Subwoofer for 2010 JK Rubicon Unlimited mygig

I hope someone can answer my questions and maybe, just maybe have a sub to sell.
I purchased an almost new 2010 JK Rubicon Unlimited. It has the factory mygig stereo/nav setup and I think Infinity speakers. What is missing is the subwoofer. I'm sure it came with one but it is not there now. It has a wire for a factory sub behind the right rear wheel well. It also has the plug shown in the pic below under and behind the left rear seat. It looks to me like the original owner had the optional Mopar or Kicker sub and took it with him when he traded the car. Does anyone recognize this plug and is it for the subwoofer. My dealer is no help. If it is I would like to find a sub to replace it. Any ideas for speaker/sub upgrades with my setup would be appreciated.
Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	124529Click image for larger version

Name:	Plug.0003.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	124530Click image for larger version

Name:	Plug.0001.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	124531

Last edited by eshotwell; 02-04-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

The plug in the picture does not look like any kind of audio cord. There should be two wires on the right of the jack compartment in the back (I believe green and gray). Those are the sub wires, the clip-ons are significantly smaller than the one in your picture. I would assume that plug under the seat is for something else. You should be able to get any 8" or low RMS 10" sub you like and put it in a box @ the stock location. Just be aware that it needs ~40-60w RMS rating in 4 ohm...which is hard to come by. Best option might be to check the for sale section and find an owner who upgraded and is selling their old sub/enclosure.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

to tell you the truth it looks like the wire that connects to the rear door, for power locks and windows, and if not that then are you running a softtop? cause it looks like the defroster for the hard top

lemmie know
Old 02-04-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks for the advice...

Well, I still don't know what that plug is for. I have a hardtop but everything is plugged in and working. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, this JK has all the extras, even rear seat DVD players. I'll have to trace the wire and see for myself. I'll be on the lookout for a stock sub to replace the one that is missing.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eshotwell
I hope someone can answer my questions and maybe, just maybe have a sub to sell.
I purchased an almost new 2010 JK Rubicon Unlimited. It has the factory mygig stereo/nav setup and I think Infinity speakers. What is missing is the subwoofer. I'm sure it came with one but it is not there now. It has a wire for a factory sub behind the right rear wheel well. It also has the plug shown in the pic below under and behind the left rear seat. It looks to me like the original owner had the optional Mopar or Kicker sub and took it with him when he traded the car. Does anyone recognize this plug and is it for the subwoofer. My dealer is no help. If it is I would like to find a sub to replace it. Any ideas for speaker/sub upgrades with my setup would be appreciated.
Attachment 124529Attachment 124530Attachment 124531

You should check out this site:

http://dto.vftis.com/mopar/platform_...asp?return=new
It shows the most of the electrical connectors in the JK and PIN information and most have a schematic.

It might help you understand what that plug is for. You should be able to find a used sub and box fairly easily.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks Everyone!

I found a used sub this weekend on •bay and will see if that helps the sound. Meanwhile, I am still trying to figure out what the heck that plug is for.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

I think that plug is for the hardtop wiper motor. Do you have a hardtop installed right now?
Old 02-27-2011, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

When you go topless you can barely tell you have a sub in the back. What I did was had an NRG low profile 10" installed under my rear passenger seat and and NRG amp under the rear driver side seat. It only requires a small box and I notched it to the brackets so it does not move. When I need to fold down the seat I have long enough wires that I just pull it out from under the seat and put it out of the way of what ever I am hauling.

Quick Reply: WTB Subwoofer for 2010 JK Rubicon Unlimited mygig