Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Write-up: Lamin-X on stock fog lights

Old 06-13-2011, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Write-up: Lamin-X on stock fog lights

I finally got around to putting the film on my JK.

Ordered the Lamin-X through their website. It was less than $20 with shipping, opted for the yellow, simply because I like the look.

I tried to take the fogs out for a cleaner install, turns out you CAN'T remove the fogs on a stock bumper. Once you get the four screws out that holds The fog on the bumper, you can't get it past the sway bar and bumper support.

So..... I reinstalled the lights and installed the film from the front.

The film comes with tabs on either side to hold onto so you don't get fingerprints on the part that goes on the lens.

I used some invisible glass (windex) to spray on my fingers and the adhesive so it wouldn't stick.

Get the film on the lens, and press down from top to bottom and the side to side, like a X pattern.

Then work the rest of the air out from the center outward.

Once you are done, use a sharp razor and carefully trim the tabs off the film, so it is a complete circle.

Results were exactly what I wanted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3707443667.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	171403  
Old 06-13-2011, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

looks good and sounds easy to do
Old 06-14-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did this to my girl's JK a while back. It works well and looks great with her Natural Green paint. I wish I had fog lights so I could do mine ha.

My Dad's rubi is next.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thx for this, I found it on a google search.

I just installed new Truck Lights LED headlights and want to protect them before they get buggered up.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:30 AM
JK Newbie

Nice, I bought the whole kit and only used it on the turn signals and side markers. Trying to sell the headlight and fogs. l went with light smoke tint. Products easy to use and works great.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Unlimited_Fun
Thx for this, I found it on a google search. I just installed new Truck Lights LED headlights and want to protect them before they get buggered up.
I see this is almost a year old, but... Did you, or anyone, install lamin-x film on truck-lite headlights? Want to see if it fitted right. I read somewhere that the film for JK was made for the stock headlights and they have a slightly different curve than the truck-lite.

Quick Reply: Write-up: Lamin-X on stock fog lights