Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wrangler/Nitro amp this issue is MESSED up

Old 08-08-2008, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Duds
wow, thats really all yoou have to do? thanks for the pics!!

just have to make sure they slide into the slots that the purple w/white stripe and black wire feed into, correct?

and i assume that when you put the hard top back on, you just pull that jumper out since the problem lies in when the hard top is off? or am i totally off base here?!
You are correct. It's that simple
Old 08-08-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice, thanks dude!

Originally Posted by onvacation
You are correct. It's that simple
Old 08-09-2008, 01:19 AM
JK Freak

Ok............. I'm baffled.

I've read THIS posting a half dozen times and the linked posting about a dozen times................ it still dont answer m' question for those of us WITH a hardtop and the muddy sound from the soundbar.

So IF I want to make the jumper I need to disconnect the plug for the hardtop? Or am I completely off base and just need the flash

Seriously confused
Old 08-09-2008, 04:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by deconstructionist
Ok............. I'm baffled.

I've read THIS posting a half dozen times and the linked posting about a dozen times................ it still dont answer m' question for those of us WITH a hardtop and the muddy sound from the soundbar.

So IF I want to make the jumper I need to disconnect the plug for the hardtop? Or am I completely off base and just need the flash

Seriously confused
I think most people are confused on this, myself included. What you are reading thru all these posts is what is working for some, but not necessarily others. All I can post on is what has taken place with mine. Which is an 08 Sahara duel top group with 6 disc. 7 speaker infinity system, built 08/07.

1-) the only reason to jump the wires is if you DONT have the hardtop on, if you have the hardtop on, you effectively have the same effect as jumping the wires.
2-) At least in MY situation, when I took delivery of my JK last Aug. the system, ROCKED, like it does now again. It Rocked whether it had the hardtop on or the soft top, it didn't matter then. It wasn't until it had the SA (service advisory) flash and a TSB (technical service bulletin) flash done that the stereo went into it's sub normal mode. My soft top was installed when the SA & TSB were performed.
3-) With the stock JK amp, now re-flashed, I tried the jumper wire and it did NOTHING, so I didn't keep the jumper wire in the plug. (see my post in the linked post).
4-) I installed the Nitro amp thinking it would restore my sound, and it did NOTHING, remember I have my soft top on. Even though I had tried the jumper wire with the re-flashed JK amp and it did NOTHING, I tried jumping it again with the Nitro amp installed, which up to that point had done NOTHING, and to my great pleasure and surprise, my sound is back like it was when I bought the thing. Had I not jumped it now, I would have been surprised when I re-installed my hard top this fall, but thanks to another poster giving his account it prompted me to try the jumper with the Nitro amp.

What I have posted is how things worked for me. WHY they worked this way or that, I don't know why, I don't believe anyone at Jeep is real sure rite now either.

Dude, if you are having problems, I feel for you, all I can say is the ONLY way this is going to get corrected rite is if ALL of you having these problems STAY ON YOUIR DEALER AND DEMAND FIXING IT. Don't take "there's nothing wrong with your stereo" from them. They tried that on me and even though I have my sound back, they won't stop seeing me until the answers and correction come from Chrysler.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

Thanks onvacation
Old 08-09-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My theory on this is that DC thinks you are two dumb to control yourslef with the open top and full power. They are afraid you will blow speakers. Just my theory, no basis.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

What a difference! Thank you very much! I am guessing it's some do-gooder trying to keep us from bothering anyone who is parked at a light next to us... Now I can over power the crappy rap coming from that silly looking Caprice on 24's!
Old 08-10-2008, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 word WOW!....I can't believe how much more of a boost I got when I tried this...this is sick. I already installed the nitro amp so i don't know if I would have had the same results with the original ...all i can say is that it made a massive improvement in sound.
Thanks!!!!! big time great mod
Old 08-10-2008, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

So if you only have a soft top, do you have the plug somewhere for the hard top (if you want to add a hard top)? Is it something that has to be installed or is the wiring already there somewhere?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Rico
1 word WOW!....I can't believe how much more of a boost I got when I tried this...this is sick. I already installed the nitro amp so i don't know if I would have had the same results with the original ...all i can say is that it made a massive improvement in sound.
Thanks!!!!! big time great mod

Yes you would.

TSK<>

Quick Reply: Wrangler/Nitro amp this issue is MESSED up